Chapter 6

I'm really sorry about the wait! I know I said Monday, like forever ago, and then today I got a comment reminding me to update, so thank you to the person who commented.

Anyway here's chapter six

Love, Taylor

Clary had to admit, this party was pretty awesome. Izzy and her were dancing on the dance floor with Simon awkwardly swaying with them.

Jace had disappeared as soon as they walked through the door. And Alec was talking to a glittery man in the corner, looking as happy as Clary had ever seen him.

She still hadn't seen Sebastian, and she idly wondered if he was with another girl.

"Hey beautiful." Clary felt arms snake around her waist. She grinned and turned, only to meet Jace's face.

Clary jerked away in surprise. She had thought it was Sebastian. Clary got a better look at him and saw he had been drinking. She rolled her eyes.

"What do you want Jace?" She said,exasperated.

Jace touched his heart and feigned a look of hurt."What, you don't have time to see me now that you have a boyfriend? " He said the word 'boyfriend' with hatred,as if it was unpleasant in his mouth.

He grabbed at her waist again and pulled her near. Clary didn't protest. She knew it was wrong, but being in Jace's arms felt so right.

Jace smiled, and brought his lips to Clary's. Clary didn't hesitate and kissed him back.

That pulled apart, both breathing heavily. Jace was still smiling, not a smirk, but a real, genuine smile.

That moment of happiness stopped when she saw Sebastian, across the dance room.

He and Isabelle were kissing.

Clary had never hated Isabelle more than she had ever had in that moment.

But hadn't she done the same thing?

Clary didn't feel bad, or even hurt. All she did was look at Jace and smile. "Looks like I don't have a boyfriend anymore." She jerked her head to were Izzy and Sebastian were.

Confused, Jace followed her gaze. His eyes widened."Oh, are you okay?" Clary nodded.

"It was really weird with Sebastian." She answered him.

Jace smiled, obviously pleased. "About the boyfriend thing, I was wondering if m-maybe I could be your boyfriend?" His stammering was so cute.

"Hey! I'm not cute. I am handsome, sexy, or hot, not cute." Jace said.

"Oh, did I say that out loud? Anyway,yes I will be your girlfriend."