Chapter One

I had hoped and dreamed that my parents weren't dead, that I still have a home to go to, and that everyone I grew up with were still alive. But as soon as I stepped into the clearing that once held the four story pack house, were the painful memories of that night.

The night that everyone I called my family, died before my eyes.

(Flashback)

"Mom, where are my converse" I said as I walked into the kitchen

She turned to face me with a scared expression on her face, "Honey, this isn't going to make sense to you right now but I need you to go pack a small bag quickly then run. Run as far away from here as you can and don't come back.

"Mom? What's going on? I don't understand."

"Everything is going to be okay, just know that your father and I love you very, very much and we always will. Now go do as you are told and stay as quiet as you can."

I took one last look at my mom, scared to know if this was the last time I was ever going to see her again. I ran up to my room grabbed a duffle bag and threw two of everything in there, getting ready to leave I grabbed the most recent photo of my family I had on my dresser, into the duffle.

Not wanting to waste any more time, I ran down the stairs to see everyone rush out the back door toward the woods. I ran for the widow trying to see what was going on, but as soon as I had my heart clenched.

"no, no, no this can't be happening" my mind raced as I saw over three hundred rogues surge through the edge of the clearing, coming straight for us from all directions. I scanned the people fighting back to try to find my parents, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped in surprise and spun around swinging my right fist at the same time.

The person landed on the floor with a thump. As soon as I saw the rogue I ran, I ran right through the front door and hopped into my royal blue 2014 Ford Focus. Staring the car I pushed the gas pedal as far as it could go hoping to get out of before any more rogues had a chance to come and catch me. But when I looked back all I could were see were the flames engulfing the house I was once raised in.

As soon as I pulled my eyes back on the road everything sunk in.

My parents were going to die.

My family was going to die.

Everyone in my pack was going to die.

And most importantly, I had just left them there to die.

(End of Flashback)

I had dreamed of coming back to see my home, or what was left of it, but every time I came close I would remind myself that as soon as I did all of the walls I had put up would crash down in and instant. I would be even more vulnerable than I was when I left.

With one last look at my old home I turned around and left the clearing, hoping that the past didn't fallow me into the future.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A.N

This is my first book so please don't judge to harshly. I wanted to write a book for a long time and a class assignment has actually gotten me to begin the book. I don't know when I will be uploading but I will try for at least twice a week.

Hope you like it.