Nine

We got to the school right as the Devenford Prep school bus arrived. Scott was waiting for us, as well as the rest of the pack. Stiles walked over to us.

"What happened? Every paranormal thing in Beacon Hills must have heard that scream, is Lydia okay?" he asked us.

"That wasn't Lydia." Liam said. "That was Amber. We found something, in her wall. A book called..."

"Don't say it's name. Don't say their names Liam. I have a really bad feeling about that book. Can we just not talk about it until after the bonfire. I already have enough to deal with. Come on, I have to talk to Coach about getting my lacrosse stick delt with..." I sniffed the air, then again.

"What is it?" scott asked.

"blood... and Japan." I told him, turning around to see the team come out the bus. one of the guys came right for us. Then I reconized the guy comin towards us. Brett. I didn't know his last name, but I knew he was the one who took me on a date 3 years ago. I ducked behind Liam, hoping he couldn't se or recognize me.

He was holding his side, and I knew he was the one that was hurt, and smelled like Japan. He went right for Liam, the noticed me behind him. HIs face went even more pale, if it were possible.

"Amber, is that you?" he asked, looking around Liam. I walked beside Liam, and waved awkwardsly.

"Hey Brett." my voice cracked. Brett winced, and I jumped towards Liam, grabbing his arm.

"Amber... claws." Liam winced, and I let of him.

"So, you two know each other?" Stiles asked, completely confused.

"We went on a really bad date 3 years ago. Wait, did Liam just say claws?" Brett asked.

"So, you must be Talbot. Hi, my name is Amber Bates. I no longer care what you think because, one, you didn't do anything when I got hit in the face with a soccerball, and two, you puked on my shoes after the game. You seriously call that a bad date? It was the first date I ever went on, and it sucked worse then 4th grade homework. Actually, It sucked worse then your next girlfriend. which you got the day after our date." I told him, trying to stay calm.

"Yeah, okay, so you two already know each other." Liam said, holding me back. "Brett is different now. He's nice now, and he went on a date with you. So, you know each other. Brett, Amber is a Chimera. Amber, Brett is a werewolf. Born a werewolf. Okay, sometimes werewolves get angry and do dumb things. And sometimes herbs can poison them so that's probably why he threw up on you. Can you be friends?"

"Im willing to. Im sure you'v had lots of boyfriends since me." Brett said.

That's what got me. Soddenly I was angry anymore. I stop struggling to get to Brett, and I knew he had no clue. He didn't know anything. I just started laughing at him. Just laughed and laughed and laughed. He really had no clue. I bet he didn't know anything about me when he asked me out. I bet he didn't even know how angry I could get. And I knew he didn't know I killed my teacher last month. I stopped laughing when I remembered that. I just stood there, looking at him. Then I looked at Liam, and walked away. I just walked away. No fight, no anger, just walked away.

I turned around when a tear fell down my cheeks. "Friends. I can do friends." I told him, then continued walking. Liam chased after me. "Where are you going."

"Uncle Bobby said he wanted to talk to me before the game. You can come with, if you want." I told him, still wiping tears away.

"WHy didn't you tell him you didn't date anyone else?"

"Because I don't care what he thinks. moved on with my life the day after. I didn't care what he thought about me. Let him think I got lots of guys. I probably would have, if I didn't shove everyone away." I told Liam.