~Prologue Part Two: The Lioness~

Paris, France

November 26th, 2017 2:45 AM,

Christophine Francine, Sekhmet

Crisis. That's the right word.
This was a crisis, I had only just finished one huge operation when they expected me to do two others this week?
The stress had taken over and it seemed only coffee was feuling me everyday.
It was a nightmare.
Crisis.
I went into my office, spotting the lion poster behind my desk, turning my chair to face it as I crossed my arms in deep thought, escaping the present moment as I went back into my past.
"That's not fair though!" I called out in frustration.
"Why? The lioness doesn't have a mane, the lion does" Manuel explained.
"But it's the lioness that hunts for the lion, he only sits around all day sleeping!" I teased, rushing passed him on my hands and knees, going across the floor towards the stuffed gazelle and picking it up.
I turned back, seeing Manuel's crestfallen expression.
"Here, we can both hunt" I said with a smile.
My vision faded away into giggles and the memory disappeared, disturbed by a loud knock on the door.
"Coming" I sigh.

My home was decorated with lioness', they were my favourite animal, confident females feeding the male, but by hunting.
I smiled down at my lion watch, checking the time.
Despite my stress, I feel pretty good...