.Chapter One.

I woke up in a hospital bed.
Now let me rephrase this, I literally resurrected from the dead into the living again in a hospital bed.

She's awake.

Does she look like she knows?

I can't tell her if she doesn't.

Get her some water!

Audrey?

"Audrey?" I finally recognize who is actually speaking. My mom. Normally I would be thrilled to hear her since she lives all the way in London, but this doesn't seem like a good reason for her to be here.

Like the whole fact that I can only remember planning to go to a party with Krissy and Jarred. And how excited we were because she wanted me to meet a guy that Jarred had told her about for me. That kind of bad. I don't remember getting injured.

"Audrey?" My mom asks more stern.

"What's going on?" My voice cracks and my throat hurts from even saying those three words, it's like I haven't said a word in a month.

Turns out I hadn't.

Doctor: you have been in a terrible accident....three have died....a kid ran in front of you....kid was dead at arrival....Krissy and Jarred are dead....you're lucky.....were in a coma for a month.....gonna be just fine.....a young man named Brendan saved your life....you can return home in two days.

~

My dad and mom argue while I'm 'asleep'. It's just like in the old days.

"Who's going to keep her?" Mom asks Dad.

"Obviously me," he replies with more than likely a complimentary eye roll.

"Why?" She asks clearly annoyed.

"School, friends are here, she needs to be in a familiar environment!" Dad's voice rises.

"Her only friends are dead, Grant! They're dead!"

"They weren't her only friends Sarah! Stop acting like you know her. You left, I stayed. Don't try to play the innocent victim, the only victim here is our daughter. She needs to heal not be sent to a foreign country!" His voice cracks.

My dad understands a lot, sometimes I think I love him more than Mom but then I remember all the good times we all used to have and I know my love for them will always be equal. Even if she left and he stayed.