1. The Sorting

Thanks for taking the time to read this! We put work into what we write!

You may be familiar with the idea that Albus Potter got into a compartment on the train filled with his friends and such, but we changed that for the sake of the plot.

*

Points of view:

Albus - SDenglerInc

Scorpius - LizziosaTheBlue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LIFE AND LIES OF ALBUS POTTER

---

CHAPTER ONE

THE SORTING

Albus' POV

The hat slipped down over my eyes. It all went dark. I was nervous. What now? But the biggest question was: would I go into Slytherin?

I'd asked that only this morning ...

"But what if I am in Sllytherin?" I asked in a tiny voice just as Dad was hugging me goodbye.

He crouched down, my face was just above his.

"Albus Severus Potter," he said looking at me. Then: "You were named for two headmasters of Howgarts. One of them was a Slytherin, and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."

I didn't see how this made any difference.

"Just say..."I persisted.

"... then Slytherin house will have gained an excellent student, won't it?"

I bit my lip. I still wasn't sure.

"It doesn't matter to us, Al." Dad continued.

Was he really telling the truth? Did he really not care if I got into the house which had made most dark wizards? He was still talking...

"But if it really matters to you, you'll be able to choose Grffindor over Slytherin. The sorting hat takes your choice into account"

I was so surprised I simply answered: 

"Really?"

"It did for me" Dad said then.

Was he telling the truth? Or was he just trying to make me feel better? I wasn't sure.

"Now were shall I put you?" came the little voice in my head.

I don't know? It was the Sorting Hat.

But what if he said...

"Not a bad mind I see, courage too, but there's something else. Perhaps..."

Don't say it... I thought. It ignored me.

"Maybe Slytherin..." The hat was still talking to just me.

"If you're not in Gryffindor, we'll disinherit you, but no pressure" It was my Uncle Ron. He was joking. Well I think he was. But still...

"It might be best..."

Everyone was staring at someone. He was tall and thin with a black coat buttoned up to his throat. Standing next to him was a boy who was probably about me age. But the two were still so similar...