Christmas Day Dec. 25, 2014

A/N; If you are actually reading this, thank you so much. Also read the A/N at the bottom.

The pic at the top is River. Her nickname is Ri (rey, like key with an r) or Riv (in pitch perfect, the rif-offs... so rif with a v) I am almost positive that explanation made no sense, or barely any.

I woke up, and looked at my alarm clock. It's already 9am? Oops.

Today is Christmas day. It doesn't really matter to me though... Christmas has no meaning to me. It's not like I'm happy, plus, I am technically Atheist.

I walk in to the bathroom and grab my tooth brush, wetting it, then putting toothpaste on it. I had just started brushing when I heard the ding on my phone. It was a wattpad notification. I decide that I'll check it out later. For now, I am just going to listen to listen to music on spotify. After I brush my teeth, I get in the shower, and let the warm water run over my tense body, calming me down quite a bit. I don't know how my parents are going to be today, and that worries me, a lot. More than it should.

After I am done, I wrap the towel around my body, and grab my phone and hair brush, then I walk out of the bathroom and sit on my bed. I turn on Netflix, and watch an episode of "Friends." I have seen every episode at least ten times.

As I start brushing my long wavy hair, I hear a knock on my window. "Come in." I call quietly. I don't know if my parents are downstairs or up here.

I watch as the window slips open, and in comes Alex. "Hey." He says to me, taking the brush and sitting behind me, starting to brush my hair silently.

"Hey." I say back.

Alex is my next door neighbor. He moved here a few years ago, and since the day we met, we've been best friends. He has been my only friend, and no one can be mean to him because he is homeschooled. There are very few people that go to my school that know that he exists. Which is better for him because I don't want him to get hurt.

~flashback to the day they met~

It was the middle of the day, and I had just left school, without permission. This is my first time skipping any part of a school day without a doctor or a dentist note. I had to leave though. I was bleeding awfully bad. A few of the guys and maybe two girls from my school beat me up... for no real reason. They said so many hurtful words. They told me how ugly, stupid, worthless I was, as they punched me. Once I fell, they kicked me. They kicked me in the sides, in the stomach, maybe even a few times in the face. I was bleeding. I had ruined my school uniform, and I knew immediately that when either of my parents come home, I will get it. The only person who has ever hit me before was my dad, and even then, it was just a slap or a punch or both. But today, my classmates took it too far.

I have been bullied ever since 5th grade. I never thought that someone could hate you that much. Well, for this instance, multiple people.

I am now in ninth grade. I never thought they would go past harsh words. They had threatened me, but I never believed them. I could say I wish I took it seriously, but either way it wouldn't matter. I would have been stuck here either way... my parents don't care.

As I walk to my house, I notice something... for just having the crap beat out of me, I am barely crying. I would think I would be sobbing, to the point that my ribs would hurt so bad it felt like I'm dying. Right now, there is an ache, but imagine how bad it would be if I was crying and was barely able to breath.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me, so I walk a little faster. Then I hear grocery bags drop and feet run towards me on the sidewalk. I turn around quickly and see a boy, probably around my age. When he stops in front of me, I flinch away, thinking he was going to punch me, but he doesn't. He takes of his t-shirt, showing me his tight white tank top he had underneath. He uses the black t-shirt to dab off some of the blood. I don't know why I don't try to leave, why I stand here with this stranger, in the middle of the sidewalk, as he dabs blood off of my face. I don't know his name, he doesn't know mine, we haven't even said a single word to each other. I am glad he doesn't ask if I'm okay, because that would be a really dumb question.