Preparation

" Wake up," yelled a shrill voice coming from the door of Debra's bedroom. Debra woke with a start. She must have fallen to sleep for at least an hour. It was Debra's aunty Anna letting her know that it was time for the real thing now. No more trying on wedding outfits, no more pretending to be the bride.

"Come on Debra, we will get you ready now. Come over here while I help you with your make up." Anna was very efficient with applying make up as she had been a beauty consultant with Myer a few years ago. "There you go Debra, you look like a different person." Anna was right. Debra looked well rested now and her eyes looked bright.
Anna grabbed the hair brush from off the table when she had finished with the make up and began gently gathering Debra's beautiful locks in her fingers. "Yes, I think it would look nice like this, don't you darling?"
Anna always knew what to do to make Debra's hair look good, she just seemed to be gifted at it. Immediately Debra agreed, and in no time Anna had the lovely red locks pulled up to the top of Debra's head in braids and soft curls, leaving just enough hair to cascade gently on her shoulders. How sophisticated she looked! Keeping her hair in place were Bobby pins with little diamonds on the tips. They looked like little stars covering the crown of her head.

"Would you like something to eat Debra? It will be a long time until you eat again today." "No thank you Aunty Anna, I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach and I am sure I couldn't eat a thing." With that, Anna helped Debra put on the wedding dress and veil as well as the satin shoes. The bouquets had arrived from the florist and Debra picked her's out of the box that they were delivered in. The bouquet was made up of bright red and yellow roses, bound with white satin ribbons at least a meter long which floated as Debra walked.

Uncle Arvi was there too with his camera snapping away to his heart's content. In another room were the bridesmaids who were getting ready. There were three of them. Lizzy was one, of course, and the other two were mutual friends of the bride and groom.
They were dressed in long, Lacey, red gowns similar to the style of the bride's, with three quarter sleeves. Their hair was gathered on top of their heads having long yellow ribbons threaded through their hair. The bouquets were a smaller version of Debra's.

There was lots of photos taken once the ladies were ready. David organised some friends of his to take photos as well as Arvi and he would make up their own photo album instead of hiring a professional.

Debra was thinking about David and the groomsmen. Did they get their suits and were they the correct size? Did they get the button holes and will they be ready on time? So much to think about and yet everything was organised.

At David's place he and the three men were trying on their royal blue velvet suits with the gleaming white shirt underneath complete with red bow ties, topping them off with shining black shoes and a yellow rose on the lapel. The best man checked to see if he had remembered the wedding ring. It wouldn't be long now until they had to leave for the church and they were still getting photos taken. The cars were on the way to pick up the wedding party, so they had better be ready. So much preparation for one day!