The Reception

"Would Mr and Mrs King please take your place at the bridal table?" a loud voice announced at the reception venue. All of the guests stood back and made way for the newly weds who were followed by the bridal party, then all processed into the room sitting at their allotted places making sure to read the name place cards on the tables.

The people responsible for the setting up of the room had done a marvelous job. Red hearts and gold bells were the predominant theme. The three tier wedding cake was standing tall in the corner of the room with its ribbon and lace attire. Of course, the bride and groom ornament was placed on the top while the second and third tier was divided by columns with decorative climbing roses on each of them. The icing on the cakes was white with lace patterns around the borders, each cake having a gold ribbon tied around it.

There was so much detail put into everything to make the occasion unforgettable. The speeches and toasts were given as well as thanking people for the presents and help.

The meal was scrumptious with each person having a choice of two dishes. "Would you like the duck or the beef?" would be the issue as the waiters went around to the tables. For sweets would be pavlova or trifle, two great standbys. After the meal some people got together and chatted, others went outside with a drink or a smoke while others joined in dancing.

There was a beautiful atmosphere in the place and everyone enjoyed themselves. Soon it was high time to cut the wedding cake which all witnessed while the cameras went click, click, click not missing a frame. Coffee and tea were served with the cake which was a chocolate and orange jaffa mud cake. With all of that over Debra and David said good bye to everyone and made their way to the exit. Debra threw her beautiful bouquet to the girls that were expecting to catch it. There was a scuffle as Lizzy came forth holding the bouquet above her head in victory.

David helped his new bride into their car which had been decorated in the traditional style with toilet rolls and cans rattling from the back of it, with Just Married written on the back window.

They drove on to a motel they had booked for the night while the others continued on partying.

"Well, now it's official. We can't get out of it now" humoured David. "As long as you remember that you've got me for better or for worse" retorted Debra.

"No matter, I knew that you weren't perfect before I married you" was David's quick reply.

Smiling at each other, they pulled up at the motel where they were going to stay the night and went in. Tomorrow was another day but an exciting day. The couple was going on a cruise for their honeymoon.

Nevertheless, tonight, it will take care of itself.