Prologue

The mud soaked into my dress, droplets of rain hit my face. My body burned with aches and pains while my ears ringed. A brown haired boy, who looked as if he was a teen, lifted me in his arms. My eyes became blurry so I closed them. I could hear the screams of mothers as they called out for their children, soldiers yelling, and explosions.

Suddenly the boy fell over, throwing me farther away from him. I stood up and looked at him, 3 large pink needles pierced his back. He wasn't breathing. I couldn't look away, is this what death is, I've never seen someone pass. Tears started to form, I didn't want to die. I fell to my knees and sobbed.

I could hear the gunfire get closer to me, I didn't want to move. That's when I heard it, a creature; it made an inhuman sound, but like it was communicating. I looked up to see a large animal, but it wasn't like one. It wore a sort of gold outer layer. Suddenly a sword appeared in his right hand and he cocked his arm ready to jab into me.

He was stopped by another large mass, but this one was green, like those of the soldiers, but had a really light blue strip going down its back. It fought off the monster using his weapon. My heart skipped a beat, I thought I was about to die. When the monster laid down, with a weird purple liquid oozing out of his mouth. The green person turned to me. It had a helmet on, in which I could see its eyes, it was really golden. It lifted me up, and carried me to a soldier, who was in a hovering vehicle. The green person nodded to him then looked to me. It messed my hair up and I could hear it chuckle.

Then it handed me small toy, which was from a keychain of sorts and hit the vehicle. I guess telling it to go because it lifted off, closing the doors as it went.

I inspected the little toy, it was a small soldier, it was standing, his gun pressed against its chest. I clenched on to that with my life. That's the day I became an orphan, a survivor, and wanted to exact my revenge on the aliens called the Covenant.