InuYasha [FanFic9]

When we got to Karaoke Palace a tall thin lady with short, straight blonde hair greeted us at the door. “Hello, welcome. May I take your hat, sir?” She asked InuYasha while reaching out to his head.  

    I quickly pulled InuYasha away from her, not wanting to have to explain the whole doggy-ears-on-some-weird-looking-kid thing to someone I didn’t even know. “Nope it's all right,” I told her with a sheepish smile plastered upon my face.  

    She looked at me in a really weird manor before showing us to our room. “Alrighty well,  if there’s nothing else, I’ll leave you to it. But if you guys need anything just use the phone there to call the front desk,” She said in an enthusiastic voice.

    “Yeah, we know how it works,” I mumbled as she walked out of the room. Gosh, did she think we were retarded? Or...Foreign? I would admit to InuYasha’s attire looking kind of odd but still. 

    InuYasha still looked kind of confused about the whole thing while sitting down onto the leather couch that was placed against one of the room’s walls.

    “So, Kagome, what are we doing here?” InuYasha asked me while getting comfortable.

    “This is Karaoke Palace. It's basically just a place for people to hang out and sing along to songs,” I answered him.

    “Kara—oke?” He asked again.

    “Yes, InuYasha, Karaoke. You know what? How about I just show you how it works?”

    InuYasha nodded at me. I got up to the TV, turned it on and then made my song choice selection. “Oh, this one’s good,” I said after flipping through about twenty songs. The words LOVE SLAVE – UNDER17 came up onto the screen.

I began to sing the song slightly off beat while InuYasha watched silently in the background.

“Hold your hand kamatte. Touch and feel amaete. Gnaw and taste mitsumete. Through the night kisu shite. Kiss, kiss. Doushite da ka wararimasen. What can I? Wakaranai. Riyuu nanka atozuke de. Atozuke atozuke de. Anata ni hikarete watashi no tokimeki kairo mawaridashita. Woo, Majime na no de ha nakute kitto. Sunao ni narenai dake anata ga. Nozomu koto ha subete wakarimasu. I'm your slave anata dake ha tokubetsu da kara. Nan de mo itte kudasai. I'm your slave anata dake wo mamoru tame ni. Watashi ha koko ni imasu . Hold your hand kamatte. Touch and feel amaete. Gnaw and taste mitsumete. Through the night kisu shite.”

     I took a deep breath. “That's basically all there is to it.”

    “But... That was awful,” InuYasha said coldly.

    Oh, yeah, because like he could do any better, I thought to myself. “Well if you're so high and mighty why don’t you give it a try?” I asked him.  

    “Alright then, I will,” He said getting up and grabbing the microphone from me. He chose the song CHANGE THE WORLD and then began to sing.

    “I want to change the world. Kaze wo kakenukete nanimo osorezu ni. Ima yuuki to egao no KAKERA daite. Change my mind. Jounetsu tayasuzi ni takanaru mirai e. Te wo nobaseba kagayakeru hazu sa. It's wonderland.”

    I slouched down into my seat and continued to listen to InuYasha’s voice. I pouted at the irony of this; he was... Excellent. And this was only his first time. 

    “So, how was that?” InuYasha asked once he’d finished.

     I shrugged, not wanting to give him the satisfaction. “You were decent. Of course it could have been better. And when I say better, I mean a lot better.” By this point I was babbling on and on, not completely sure what to say.