Chapter 1

"What's up Elijah?" Hayley asked exhausted when she answered her phone.

"Hayley, have you seen Kol's ashes? They're missing."

"I haven't seen them. I haven't been in the compound since that witch died."

"I see."

"Let me know if you need my help finding them."

"I will. Thank you, Hayley." Elijah pressed end call.

"Who was that?" Jackson asked walking through the front door.

"Just Elijah," Hayley shrugged while she watched Hope play with her toys. "He wanted to know if I'd seen Kol's ashes. They're missing."

"Kol was that ass who played Davina like a fiddle and plotted against his family. I'd say good riddance." he sat down on the couch beside her. Hayley sighed.

"I know but everyone in that family has plotted against each other. Kol's still their family and died helping them." Jackson wrapped arm around Hayley's shoulder and she cuddled into him.

"True, but I still don't like him. I think it's a relief there's one less or two less Mikaelsons to deal with."

"Marcellus and Freya both say they haven't taken them." Klaus said walking back into the room Elijah was in.

"Hayley said she hasn't see them." Elijah said putting his phone in his pocket. "Perhaps our old friend Lucien has taken the by 'mistake'."

"We better pay him a visit then." Klaus and Elijah both headed for the door.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Elena rolled her eyes at Kol amd threw a towel at him. He caught it still in the tub. He stood up and Elena couldn't stop her eyes from travelling down his perfect god-like body. Kol chuckled as he wrapped the towel around his lower waist. He stepped out of the tub while Elena was still staring at his torso. He walked towards her and stopped a few feet away from her. He then noticed the blood bag in her hand. Elena's eyes finally went back up to his face and she held the blood bag out for him. He hesitantly took it and his eyes held mistrust.

"You know I didn't poison it, Kol." she said annoyed.

Kol smirked before ripping the cap off and drinking it as fast as possible. His eyes were closed and his black veins had appeared. Elena watched him intently as he fed. As he finished he let the bag fall to the ground. Kol's vampire facade disappeared.

Elena threw clothes to him which he caught with ease. He let his towel drop and started to dress himself. Elena had to turn around so she wouldn't drool.

"You can turn around. I'm decent." he said and Elena took a deep breath before turning around. "Well, I was better than decent before. I'm always better than decent." he added as an afterthought.

"Cocky much." Elena muttered.

"Very much." he shot back. "What took you so long, Elena?"

"No way would Damon let me go. Bonnie would never agree to it and she was dead. Some more drama I got another cure then I was put into a mystical coma and placed into a coffin. Then a witch who feels eternally in debt to my father brought me back by making me a vampire again."

"Now that your suppose to be in a box I'm guessing no one knows you're out. That made it easy to come and bring me back." Elena nodded.

"The deal still stands right? You'll protect Jeremy and I now?" Kol nodded and slowly walked towards her. "And you'll teach me to be a vampire?" he nodded again only a few inches away from her.