Chapter 22 - Ambrosial Doll

"In a garden, you pick the most beautiful
flowers. In life, you die because you're beautiful."

– Anonymous

「✬✬✬✬」

C h a p t e rXXII -
⠀⠀⠀⠀A m b r o s i a lD o l l

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The blue head man allowed himself to halt his own spells, letting the purple haired woman take the lead for now and command the enemies some orders that were strictly necessary at this moment. He only ended his magic for her to borrow time just because it was the only way to save his daughter and come quickly and reassure his son; there wasn't a lot of time they had until the scarlet haired boy could wake up. It was certainly possible for him to wake up again however, he's killing time to still have a chance to be breathing.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The purple haired woman stood there with the ground suddenly receiving pressure from above, happening in her grounds and the floors of the enemies. The men abruptly widened their eyes with narrowing his eyebrows, tightening their shoulders from what they were feeling. The purple haired woman offered a sharp eye at the enemies, then holding her archenemy close to her. She parted her top and bottom lips, so she could speak, as she started with a brute voice.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Have you ever heard of gravity controlling the aspect of life?" Kagura asked, furrowing her eyebrows and resting a steady eye contact at Maikeru and Ryo. She watched as the two men looked up at her as if they could see that there was an shadow or some sort that got the shivering. The men felt weak, although Maikeru still managed to smile and look stand up hardly. He cracked his neck, chuckling.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Technically, gravity controls objects dropping to the centre of the earth," he replied, and then looking back over him. "Stand up, Ryo. Don't get fucked up yet, not until we're done what we're supposed to do." Maikeru looked back at Kagura, but he caught his attention again when Jellal glanced over at his wife while she was telling him something at the swiftest moment as possible.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Instead of gravity controlling objects, I will do that — with the innocent Jeraline." Maikeru said, as Jellal and Erza looked at them, but with the calmest eyes as possible. Kagura looked at them with a frown, wondering what would their plan be. The purple haired woman also noticed how their daughter's eyes were terrified from what she heard and she couldn't fight now. The unconscious Eric was still in Shô's arms, as Milliana was trying her best to keep Jeraline out of the situation.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Ryo jumped in about what Maikeru was going to do. "Now, this is going to be a nice story," he said, giving everyone confusion, but Ryo still kept talking. "Maikeru is just about to tell you a tale. Or rather, show you a tale. It's about humans turning into puppets, and those puppets will perform a great play — indeed, a great play."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jellal's fingers were tucked into his palms as they were shivering so hard, however, he was trying — he was trying to control his anger, his rage, even trying to control displaying his emotions on his face. It was almost impossible, but it was his children's only benefit to end the fight with these two men involving them and not get hurt. Although Jellal already seemed to have predicted in the beginning what Maikeru and Ryo are going to do. Or at least, he was making theories and not doubting they will succeed on happening.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀For Erza, she was feeling precisely what her husband was feeling, although she also felt a thousands of knives stabbing her heart. Her stomach twisted as she attempted not to clench her teeth or make wrinkles on her face. It was as if she was hiding incredible tension within her and she would not be allowed to show it right now. Jellal told her everything that he was thinking that might be happening, as her stomach was filled with butterflies just the thought of remembering it.