XVI

I sigh climbing up the stairs a few hours later and walking down the hall to my room. I check on Angela before I continue on and sigh happy when I find her sound asleep. I walk farther down the hall and I stop in front of my room, then turn to look at Nick's room. The door is cracked open and I slowly push it open. I quietly step in and walk over to his bed.

"Nick." I whisper and he blinks open his eyes and looks at me.

Don't be a coward, just ask..

I lick my dry lips then look back at him.

"Can I stay with you?" I ask, silence as my answer. He stares up at me for what feels like forever, before he finally scoots over in the bed making room for me. He lifts up the comforter as I climb in beside him and instantly I feel safe as I lay beside him.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask and he shakes his head moving so I can rest my head on his chest.

"I do love you Nick. You know that right?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yes." He responds and I nod.

"Promise me, we never stop talking again?" I ask, my lips to his ear.

"I promise." He says and I nod placing my hand on his chest and putting my head back in the crook of his neck.

"Goodnight Nick." I whisper

~~

Nick's POV

"Goodnight." I respond and feel her slowly doze off into a calming sleep. I push some of her hair back and press my lips to her forehead. She nuzzles her nose against my cheek and I smile putting an arm behind her head.

A smile comes to my lips as I turn my head so it's against hers and I shut my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~