Chapter VI

A/N--- Hey guys. sorry if this chapter isn't very great. I procrastinated writing and I volunteered at the vet clinic yesterday, so I wrote this all last night! Thanks for reading. Please vote and/or comment because it means a lot. Thank you!-------Song of the week___ Summerthing! by Afrojack. :p

I stepped into the busy community. My stomach was fluttering uncontrollably. Almost instantly I was bombarded by young children, reaching out to me and grabbing at my clothes. Several of them clung to my shirt and attempted to lead me with them. I was still in a daze when several mothers swarm me and grab their kids, pulling them away from me.

"Don't touch him, he's not safe!" One woman hisses at her child.

"He doesn't look trustable." Another sneers.

I am shocked at the sudden sharpness towards me, I did nothing wrong. How am I unsafe? What did I do to cause this?

My thoughts are interrupted by Cassidy's loud, confident voice. "Leave him alone! He's safe, he's with me." She says, hushing the crowd instantly.

I am suddenly very grateful to have Cassidy here with me right now. She starts to lead me through the crowd at a steady pace. I follow Cassidy into a small clay building. The interior is filled with paintings, pictures, and papers. In the center of the room there is a large wooden table layered with books. One of the books I titled Brookson. I assume that is the name of the city. Many of the other books look like records of some sort.

"How long has this city been here?" I ask nonchalantly.

"We don't know, we try to keep records, but they disappear. We can't keep track of time. We also don't age, this how old we all where when we walked the path." Cassidy says in an ominous tone.

"Why don't you guys try to leave?" I ask not ready for the answer.

"We don't." Cassidy responds "There is no way out."

Her response send a deep chill down my spine. I can't believe this! I have to get home! Now! I walk out of the house and begin scheming my escape.

I'm not paying attention and I walk into a woman. The woman reels back in alarm and begins cursing at me.

"Watch where your walking!" The woman yells to me. Her hatred fired at my body.

I stumble away from her, still dulled and not paying attention. As I walk, my steps are shaky and uncertain. I am so shell shocked that I don't even realize my name is being called. Slowly I turn around to face a young girl. She has big and innocent brown eyes, long, dark hair, and a small, curved nose. Her small lips are drawn tightly into a sharp smile.

"Hey," The girl says concerned. "You look lost. I'm Jocelyn. Who are you?"

"I'm Ronathon Jackson, but everyone just calls me Ron." I say quietly.

"Everyone except for Eve." I think to myself. The thought of never finding her causes my voice to hitch and a lump to form in my throat.

"What are you looking for?" Jocelyn asks.

"I have to escape!" I exclaim desperately.

"Why, that's impossible." She replies. The look on her face is dumbstruck.

"It can't be." I whine, even I think I sound pathetic.

"I can't help you, but I might know someone that can." Jocelyn says, beckoning me foreword.

A/N Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I just finished typing at 9:30 mst!!! Time to finish homework, lol. if you guys could vote and/or comment that would be great. Also please share my book, I think it's hard for people to find books when their aren't many views. Thank you soo much:):)