chapter 18 - bonds

Chap 17 - Bonds

Chaelin's POV

I just looked at him and he looked back with a re-assuring look. And he started to talk.

" I know you're intentions. I get it. I get that you're scared for Hyori. But it's way too unfair to run away from her. Its way too unfair cuz she is ready to die for you. She deserves to stay and fight by your side " he told me. I didn't quite get the logic behind it. I just sat there curled up in a corner.

" And you? Why are you always there? " I asked him and he replied

" I don't know what happened in the past. But I owe you one big time. I do not know much about you but if you risked your life to take the hit for me, for a stranger then, I'm pretty sure you'd love and care about the people you love beyond limits " he told me and added

" If what I just said seemed right, then value your life as Hyori's, you grandmother's and your brother's happiness. You are as valuable to them as they are to you "

The air around me lightened and I felt more okay now. I didn't feel like crying and I looked at Nura

" Shiyon died cuz of me " I told him and he looked startled.

" What? " he said without being able to accept what I just said.

" Shiyon died because of me " I repeated slower. Those words didn't hurt as much as it did then. I came into terms with those words. She was gone.

He looked at me and said " I'm pretty sure it's not like that. I don't mean to offend you but I'm pretty sure that's not it. "

" It is " I said firmly and he didn't speak back.

I looked at the watch thinking about Hyori. I wonder what she was doing.

" Chaelin, time to go back home " he said in a firm tone. And I gawked at him and I didn't want to go back.

Rikuo's POV

She was hesitant and didn't move. She wasn't ready to go home. She still was stuck with the ' I-need-to-protect-everyone ' logic.

I went near her and put my arm around her waist and lifted her with all my might. She screamed and resisted and tried to scratch my hand.

I went outside and I saw Tsurara freak out. The very thought me hugging another woman makes her angry and now she was speechless. Her mind went nuts. But she didn't say anything.

After a while Chaelin stopped to resist and I put her down.

" Tsurara if she tries to run away freeze her instantly " I told her and she gladly agreed to annihilate her new rival if Chaelin tried to escape. I laughed when those two looked at each other while I got train tickets to a journey back home.

I sat opposite to Chaelin and she looked out of the window. Tsurara was eating cake next to me.

" Don't tell Hyori about Shiyon " she said breaking the silence.

" No one knows about it. Not even grandma " Chaelin said without breaking her gaze outside the window as though there was something interesting happening there.

" You have my word " I told her and she continued her thing. I had already text Hyori that I was bringing her home. And she was so happy.

I sat there staring at those dark eyes. I somehow saw warmth in them. My mind imagined a happy bubbly jumpy Chaelin. How weird, but I know that a Chaelin like that exists deep inside.

" Arigatou " she uttered out of nowhere as though it was something she owed me and had to be said out of obligation. Immediately she smiled slightly. That was a first. I shut my eyes to take a nap.

" Tsurara if she escapes .... " I told her when she replied " Aye sir " and Chaelin muttered " aish ". The storm in her eyes, the silence in her voice, the heaviness in her heart...... Chaelin!