days ago

He's not the failed tests, broken condoms, scarred wrists. He's the smell of new paper, bright lunch boxes and small feet swinging so high he touches the sun. He's his mom's sweet boy who calls her every Wednesday and Sunday. He's his dad's favourite lad who he can share pints and watch a good footie match. He's the little brother who has seen more, but still doesn't know enough. He's the uncle who steps in twice a year and is only seen on the telly. He's the boy who falls asleep on Liam's tummy after a long day, all tired limbs are heart.
He's the bloke who's always up for a pint or game, and occasionally a joint when Louis calls. He's Zayn's voice still carrying deep inside like an echo, a reminder of better times. A constant 'it's alright' playing deep within, even when it feels like his heart has been ripped out.
Niall is two bum knees, dyed hair and a big laugh. He's the guy you'll bro out  and go out for lunch with. He's the boy to look for when you just want to chill for a bit. He'll sit through a two hour documentary with you even as you fall asleep within the first two minutes. He'll browse through aisles of scented candles with you even though you know he'd rather be sleeping. He's the one to look for when they whisper bad words into your ears and you can feel your soul aching.
He's the embodiment of, "physically I'm fine, but emotionally I am drained." He is not the small hand that you hold when you go out for dinner. He is not the bag you'll carry so the other person isn't burdened. He's not the one who you look at necklaces and think of. He's beer, not wine. Couple of shots, not champagne. He's not the one who you want to hold at night and cuddle into and feel safe. He's haunted eyes, and a bit broken. You don't know it's because of you though.

someone lend me some writing skills?
thank you to @graspings for holding my hand all the while.