Chapter One

Meredith's POV

" I smell good" Alex said walking into the locker room. "You should smell me."

"I don't want to smell you." I said as he wrapped his arms around me. I then pushed him off before he did something else. Pushing him against his locker I told him he smelled like crap. Feeling him pushing me back I start to think he's going to yell at me, until my back hits the wall and his lips are on mine. I start kissing him back and then the door opens. In walks a very shocked Cristina Izzie and George. "Wow you just go from one man to another don't you Meredith." Cristina said walking to her locker." That was a one-night stand." I argued back."That happened with one of your bosses do you want to be known as a slutty whore throughout the hospital?" Cristina said immediately regretting it. "Mer I didn't mean it." She said as a tear slid down my cheek. "Wow I thought you were better than that Cristina." I said as I walked away. I heard footsteps running behind me. "Meredith, wait!" I head Alex yell. I ran into an on-call room and a few seconds later Alex came in. "Hey it's okay."

"Do you really like me or do you just want to have sex with me?"

"I think if I get to know you, I think I could really like you, because I don't really know you."

"What do you want to know?"

"How was Ellis Grey as a mother?

"She wasn't a mother, she didn't want me but Thatcher and Dr.Webber convinced her to keep me." I paused to take a breath,"She cheated on Thatcher and then he left her and the man she loved decided to stay with his wife, so she tried to kill herself when I was five and since I called an ambulance and saved her when she wanted to die she now resents me." I said as a few tears fell. "We both came from crappy childhoods" Alex said pulling me into a hug. "See I like you already. When is your birthday?"

"April 24. When's yours?"

"February 19. Favorite color?"

"Purple yours?"

"Blue, um favorite dessert?"

"Alcohol you?"

"Chocolate mousse favorite alcohol?"

"Tequila how about you?"

"Beer I'm plain and simple"

"I like you too" I replied honestly. "So what are we?"

"Meet me at Joe's and I'll tell you. I said walking away.

~

I had been waiting at Joe's for over an hour and was starting to think that Alex wasn't going to come."Hey baby" I heard Alex say while wrapping his arms around me. "Mmm hey Alex" I slurred the effects of the alcohol in my system taking effect. "Oh you are drunk" He said sitting down next to me, "so what are we?"

"We can be one of two things, we can be no feelings attached sex buddies or we can start dating and see where it goes."

"I think we could be an amazing couple" Alex said taking my hand. "Really?" I helping off the barstool. Leaning against him I slowly stumbled out of the bar. I remember getting in the car but never remember going inside Alex's house.

Alex's POV

We we're halfway to my house when Meredith fell asleep. "okay" I whispered to myself. When we finally pulled up to my apartment building I slowly lifted Meredith out of the seat and carried her inside and laid her on my bed for the night. After changing into my pajamas I laid with her and quickly fell into sleep to.