Catch Fire

"Lucas Robert Hemmings!" I screamed down the hallway trying to catch my best friends attention.

"You do know my name isn't actually Lucas. Like, my birth certificate literally says 'Luke,'" he says plopping down on the couch next to me.

"No way. I don't care," I said sticking, my tongue out at him.

"I hate you," he says rolling his eyes.

      After a couple minutes sitting in a comfortable silence, I decided to get into the Christmas spirit... even though it's the beginning of November. Like anyone cares anyways.      Christmas always comes early for Luke and I. Ever since we were little kids, it was our favorite holiday. Mainly because we're selfish assholes who only see Christmas as a time to ask your parents for the most expensive things that you can think of.

"What are you gonna ask Liz for this year?" I ask him.

"I don't know. I was thinking an Xbox one, but Mikey told me they weren't very much different from the 360," he replies.

"Wait what?! I was gonna ask my mum for that too! My dreams are ruined, Lucas, you ruined them," I say wiping imaginary tears from my eyes.

"Shut up Rosemarie (heh), you don't even play video games. Why would you ask for that? You could get something way better and more fitting to your lifestyle like... maybe a new phone? Your Blackberry is making me hate you even more than I already do."

     If you couldn't already tell, Luke and I strategize our presents very intensely every year. It takes us months to come up with the perfect presents, and we can only pray that our parents will come thru for us.

"That's not my name. It's Rosie. We've gone through this for the past 19 years or something. But that's actually not a bad idea. Maybe you should get the same," I suggest.

"Whatever Rosemarie, but I've already got my present planned out," he replies confidently.

"Let me hear it."

"Well, since my birthday is in July, I could ask for the newest iPhone then. But for Christmas, I want to get the MacBook Pro," he says, obviously proud of his plan.

"Dude that thing is ancient. Why wouldn't you get the new one?"

"Oh little Rosemarie, so oblivious," he says pinching my cheeks. I feel myself blush. "The Macbook Air? Yeah I would break that thing in a matter of five days. It's basically as thins as the books I read."

"You don't read," I say confused.

"Exactly."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Rosie's POV still lol$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

     I decided to go to Luke's house again today. He told me that his mum recently bought our favorite hot chocolate. She always comes thru with these kind of things. We basically worship this stuff. It's the peppermint kind that only comes around Christmas time. Since all the stores prepare for Christmas the day after Halloween (if not before), she picked up a good 3 tubs of it.     I'm not gonna lie, I like Luke. From his messy golden hair, to his icy blue eyes. Everything about him is stunning. Since we've known each other from the womb, it's not weird that we hang out a lot, and 

no one suspects anything. Little does he know, I've had a massive crush on him since year 6.

$$$$$Lukes POV$$$$$

"Okay I'll see you when you get here. I'll start boiling the water and setting everything up so when you get here it'll be easier," I said over the phone.