Chapter 1

Authors Note:

Hey guys, this is my second story on wattpad and I really hope you enjoy it :) I can say I'm really enjoying writing this one and I am going to try and upload twice a week if not more, but I'm quite busy so it just depends.

Remember to vote and comment and share, it would mean a lot!

Love you guys <3

Caitlin

xox

====================

Love. A stupid concept really. Why would anyone ever put their heart on the line when it can be broken? Crumbled into hundreds of little pieces. Not me, that's for sure.

Ever since my parents were killed in that car accident five years ago I haven't let anyone into my life. Not that they have tried to be a part of it anyway.

Losing both your parents at 11 really does something to you. It's like I have a stamp on my forehead saying 'I'm a wreck, don't come near me, it isn't worth it.' Although to tell you the truth, I kind of wish, in the little corners of my heart that someone - anyone - would care for me. But no.

For the past 5 years I have been shipped from foster home to foster home. No one wants that girl that's for sure. Thankfully in a year I can be free of this place, live somewhere on my own, though I'm not sure how considering I don't have much money.

"Alexia! Come down here! I have someone I think you might like to meet!"

I hear Miss Grace yell up at me. Great. Now I have to go meet with yet another couple who want to adopt, only to run away at the sight of me as soon as I get downstairs. It's quite funny really seeing the reactions on their faces when they see 'little Alexia Jane Thompson' is actually a 16 year old who no one wants.

I turn the corner after plodding down the stairs into the office, prepared for yet another rejection, but once I see the two people standing at the desk, I feel hope in my chest.

======================

So I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter! I know it's really short but they get a bit longer later on :)

Caitlin xx