Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The lady looks like she's in her early 30's. Brown hair with perfect orbs to match. She looks like she genuinely wants to see me and I feel relief wash over me in waves. Until i see her husband that is...

He is very tall, dark features, handsome. But his demeanor just spooked me. He looks intimidating, how could a lady like her be with him? I wonder. She looks like a young motherly figure, while he looks like an undercover agent!

'Don't judge a book by it's cover Alexia!' I hear my mothers voice reminding me from wherever she is. Of course. He could be a giant teddy bear under there...

After I have finished my assessment, I see Miss Grace bouncing in my direction, no doubt excited that someone actually wants to meet me.

"Alexia, this is Julie and Mark Bradley, Mr and Mrs Bradley, Alexia."

"Hello," I reply to them, trying to seem polite. First impressions mean alot, I know this for a fact, so I may as well try my best.

"Hello there sweetie, it is so lovely to meet you!" Mrs Bradley gushes as she makes her way over to me with her arms outstretched.

Before I even realise what is happening, I'm surrounded by her warm embrace. I immediately stiffen, not willing to let my guard down just yet.

That's when I remember the last person to hug me like this was my mother...

======================

Sorry I know that this chapter wasn't any longer than the first but they will get longer eventually, just not quite yet.

Thanks for reading! Please remember to comment and vote and share it means alot :)

Love you guys,

Caitlin xx