Chapter 3

Sophia's POV

After Bella and I got home and drop our backpacks off, dad said he wanted to take us out to the diner for dinner. Getting in the cruiser we take off to the diner.

10 minutes after ordering and all that jazz, our waitress comes out with our dinner. Bella got a garden burger, while Dad and I got steaks. "I still can't get over how grown-up you girls are, how gorgeous," She says as she sets dads plate down in front of him.

"Hey Bella, Sophia, do you remember me?" He asks us. We turn and look at Dad, wanting him to help us out. "I played Santa one year," He chuckles. 'We still have no idea dude' I say in my head. "Yeah, Waylon, they haven't had a Christmas here since they were four," Dad tells the man.

"I bet I made an impression though didn't I?" He laughs, nodding his head. Bell and I let out awkward chuckles. "Butt crack Santa," The waitress jokes laughing at this Waylon guy. "Hey, the kids loved those little bottles though," He tells the waitress as she places her hands on his shoulders, turning him around.

"I bet they did, now let the girls eat their Garden burger and Steak," She says as he starts walking away. "As soon as you are done, I will bring out your guy's favorite, apple pie, and berry cobbler," She smiles at us as she leans against the table a little. "Your dad still has them every Thursday," She informs us, "alternating them every other week," she laughs.

"Thank you that'd be great," Bella and I say at the same time making her laugh before walking away.

"I still don't know how to guys do that talk at the same time or finish each other sentences thing, it's kind of creepy," He tells us making me laugh. "It's a twin thing daddy," I tell him as I cut into my medium-cooked steak.

Bella and dad both reach for the ketchup. Dad lets Bella take it, while he grabs the A1 sauce. They are both so awkward I think while cutting off another piece of my steak, literally moaning at the deliciousness.

I'm sitting in Bella's room on her bed with her as we both do our homework. "Hey, babies so listen if the spring training goes well we could be moving to Florida," Mom says through Bella's phone which is on speaker. 'Please insert a dollar twenty-five for an additional three minutes,' a robotic voice says through the phone.

"Mom where's your cell?" Bells and I question at the same time. "Okay don't laugh, I didn't lose my power cord, it ran away," She lies making us laugh.

"Screaming, I repel technology right now," She says as I just now notice that the robotic voice is gone. "I miss you," I say to her quietly, hearing Bella let out a sigh of agreement. "Oh baby, I miss you too, both of you, now tell me about your school, what are the kids like, are there any cute guys," She says to me, and also to Bella. My mind immediately wanders to Edward making me blush.

"Are they being nice to you?" Mom asks us making Bella sigh, "Well they're all very welcoming," She says to mom sarcastically.

"Uh oh, tell me all about it," Mom tells her. Bella gets irritated, and closed her school books hard, "Doesn't even matter," Bella replies to her in a strained voice. "But no boys for me, but Soph met a very cute guy," Bells says to mom making me groan. "Belllaaaa..." I whine covering my face with my hands.

"Ohh baby what's his name?" Mom questions with a laugh. "Edward," I mumble, "huh?" She teases again. "His name is Edward mom," I laugh at her, Bella having like no emotion on her face. "Is he cute?" Mom asks me. I nod my head, but then realize she can't see that. "Yes mom, very very cute," I tell her with a shy smile forming on my lips