Chapter 9

Sophia's POV

We've been driving for hours. Bella is asleep next to me, Jasper and Alice in the front. I decided to call my mom again. "Hey mom, it's me...guess you let your phone die or something. Listen, Bella and I aren't in Forks, but everything is okay and I'll explain it later. I love you, bye," I say hanging up.

We finally get to Phoenix, pulling up to a hotel, we grab our bags and get a room.

Alice and Jasper are sitting on the couch, and Bella and I standing next to each other, waiting for a phone call...or something to let us know what's happening in Forks. I hear gaps making me jerk my head up. It's Alice.

"What is it, what are you seeing?" Jasper asks her as her eyes and face go blank. "The tracker, he just changed course," She tells Jasper, her voice sounding monotone as she focuses on the vision. "Wait where'd they take him, Alice?" He asks as he gets a blank piece of paper and puts a pencil in her hand.

"Mirrors, a room full of mirrors," She tells us as her hand starts speeding across the paper, drawing what she sees. "Edward said the visions weren't always certain," I say as I continue to watch Alice draw the vision out. "Uh, it depends, on the person's mind. If they change their mind, then the vision changes," Jasper tells me as Bella walks up to us.

"So the course that the tracker is on now is going to lead him to..the.. ballet studio?" Bella asks gesturing to the paper. "You've been here?" Alice asks, coming out of her vision. Bella nods her head. "We took lessons as a kid....the school we went to had an arch just like that," Bella says.

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Jasper asks Bella. "Yeah-" She says, my phone vibrating in my hand making me jump. It's Edward. I walk over to the corner of the room answering the phone. "Edward, you okay?" I ask urgently, wanting to hear the sound of his voice.

"We lost the tracker, the women's still in the area. Rosalie and Esme are headed back to Forks to protect your father. I'm coming to get you...and you and I, are going to go somewhere alone. The others will keep hunting. I'll do whatever it takes to make you and Bella safe again," He tells me, we say our goodbyes before hanging up.

Jasper and Alice went to check us out of our hotel room. Bella and I are still in the room, packing up our things. I hear a phone go off, it not being mine. I look to Bella, who had pulled her phone out. "Who is it?" I ask before she answers the phone. "Hey mom, I'm glad you got our message, what are you doing home?" Bella says into the phone.

"Bella...Bella...Bella! Where are you?!" I hear moms voice flow through the phone. "Calm down all right, everything's fine," Bella soothes her.

"We'll explain everything later...mom, you there?" She says.

I continue to watch Bella, her eyes going wide. I give her a questioning look. She waves me off, walking to the bathroom. 'Somethings up,' I think as I move quietly to stand outside of the bathroom door to hear what is going on.

"Don't touch her...just don't-" I hear Bella yell into the phone. "Where should I meet you?" Bella asks the person on the other line, it's not our mom. "How about your old ballet studio? And I'll know if you bring anyone along." I hear a gruff voice say.

'James' I think, my eyes going wide with worry. I hear shuffling from inside the bathroom, I run to sit on the bed like I wasn't ever dropping. "Hey, I'm going to meet an old friend, I won't be long," Bella says to me, walking out of the bathroom and grabbing her jacket.