Waiting For the Rain (Inspired by HYSTG)

A one-shot story inspired by 'Waiting' Series of HaveYouSeenThisGirl.

Einsteinette © 2013

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Waiting For the Rain

∞ Einsteinette ∞

"It's going to rain. I know it is," Zoom was more than desperate to shout this wildly at the ash clouds lingering above him.

As the cold wind blistered his face with slits of hope, he couldn't believe how long he had been praying for the tiny drops of neptune to fall down and soak everything underneath.

The rain is powerful. He knows that just a drop of it is enough to enlighten his dark mind. It will surely drag him back to logical and clever thinking.

Thunder roared furiously ahead, interrupting any further thoughts. He has to gain sense. No human in his right mind would think like that. No right heart would beat for the wrong person.

"Just because you can't accept it doesn't mean it's not true!" He heard his older sister scream at the top of her lungs with such anger heard in every syllable. Zoom doesn't know if he should consider that wisdom. Flip is angry and anger releases the truth but is it a tentative basis? Does she even know that her words became a content in Zoom's formula which made a terrible theory?

Zoom was more than frustrated. He was stressed at the abnormal beat his heart invented as her name crossed his mind. Is that even remotely possible?

Thunder roared again and hope grew inside his soul. "Please, rain as hard as it can. Just today," he muttered desperately.

There was no thunder although he expected that it will reply to his plead. It didn't.

How can he be so selfish? The rain can affect many people and living in a Third-World Country proved that just a drizzle of rain can cause a flood in the dark streets of the Blossoms. His sinful prayers do not deserve any strand of attention. That's probably what the clouds think.

Zoom stormed to the pantry and grabbed Chief's Jack Daniels, slumped on the railings of the kitchen with a slash of balance and took a large gulp which he finished with a wince. Definitely not the brightest idea he had.

He needs to walk through the rain. He needs to be cleansed mentally. Only the rain can do that yet its not even shedding a drop!

"I beg you. Please," he muttered silently and doubted the clouds' hearing capacity.

Zoom took another swig, taking advantage of his parent's movie marathon upstairs. Chief must be on the crawl home, drunk again yet he'll make sure he will puke on the front door first before passing out. Flip must be on a fight with her buff boyfriend Paige.

'What about you, Zoom? Any plans?' His consciousness inquired in a mocking voice. What did it want him to do?

Thunder grumbled outside. Hope swarmed him again.

A piece of wisdom flashed in him. It was what he was thinking earlier. 'No right heart would beat for the wrong person.'

Well, screw that. How do you know if your heart is right? How can you say if the person is the wrong one? Who would decide? How the hell was this supposed to help him?

He didn't need any genius to tell him that his mind needs replacing. Having THAT GIRL as one of his options is probably worse than his stinking grade in PE.

She's a combination of headstrong and nightmare. She's a walking disaster. She colours her curly brown hair blonde by the ends. Her eyes are opaque black and her freckles are outnumbered and limitless. She has braces in 9th Grade! She is a horrible dancer, a horrible singer and a horrible sleeper. She wears ancient scarves and calls it 'vintage fashion'. She almost killed me when she put seafood in my rice which I am terribly allergic to. She's the worst option ever!