Run

Avery's POV

"Uh Avery, is that you back there? Oh hey Colton.. what are you doing back here?"

"I'm just sitting here keeping Avery company."

"Well Avery promised to sit with me at lunch." Emphasizing my name.

"Obviously she didn't cause she would be with you right now!"

"Well maybe she forgot. Or she just didn't see me.. " At that I stood up and just walked out.

"OH! Now look what you did! You made her leave! God Jake why cant you leave the poor girl alone!"

"Me?! She was leaving to get away from you-"

Why are people so difficult?! I just want to be left alone. Well then again I did say he could sit with me.. I'm so stupid. I just need to go home and.. what home? Ha. I'm pretty sure they dont even want me there. It's more of an obligation than anything. I don't even want to be here. Why did my parents have to do this to me? I, I just don't understand. They said they loved me and would never leave me. But they did. I punched the locker next to me and there was blood on it. Oh shit. I looked at my knuckles and saw they were bleeding. I didn't need to get in trouble so I ran.

"AVERY! Stop running! Oh my god! AVERY STOP PLEASE!" Guessing he saw the bloody locker. Soon I ran into a wall. Which wasn't a wall.. It was a person. Damn. He reached out towards me and I flinched expecting to get hit.

"Hey are you okay? I wasn't going to hit you."

"Oh hey Mr. Keating! How are you today!"

"Oh hey Jake. I'm good now you two need to get to class. Who are you if I may ask."

"Her name is Avery."

"Well Ms. Avery you really need to get your hand checked out. I'll see you guys in class later." The very handsome teacher walked away and I just sat there on the floor still.

"That's Mr. Keating, he's the English teacher. He's really awesome." Before he could say anything else I got up and ran. I've been running away a lot lately. It works though.

"Avery. Stop please."

"Ohh Jaaaaakkeeeyyy!"

I kept running after I heard that. That girl was definitely a ditz. Which reminded me of Rachael back at my old school. She was the school bicycle. If you know what I mean. She always bullied me back then and everyone else did too. People hated me for some unknown reason. Nobody ever knew of what I did to myself. Nobody ever cared. I loved life yet I hated it all at the same time. I lifted my sleeves slowly to see if the scars were still there. Of course they were. They don't go away that easily. I always have the urge to cut. Especially now. It makes all the pain in the world go away. Everyone has scars, mine are just more visible. I never heard the footsteps and I never detected someone behind me.

"What-" I whipped my head around and just stared at this strange boy. I quickly pulled down my sleeve.

"I, uh, what happened? Why?" I turned and walked away. He has no right. He doesn't know me. Nobody does. I don't even know me.

I finally found my aunt's house after an hour or so. My aunt was inside sitting at the table crying. I just walked past and went to my room. I found what I was looking for and did what I needed to do. I made new scars. And opened up some old ones. The pain vanished and so did everything else. The memories I wanted to forget, were forgotten. Everything was fine. It was peaceful. It was right. I heard a few knocks and I froze. Oh God. Oh. God.

"Avery." She started to open the door but I quickly shut it.

"Avery hunny. Please I want to talk to you." I stayed against the dorr so she couldn't get in.