Color in a Dull World

*Sorry I havn't uploaded anything in a while. Hope this makes up for the inactivity. Enjoy!
And if you have any tips let me know.*

The wind whips past me sweeping leaves into a never ending viod. I look into that pitch black darkness on the ground before me and watch as the leaves are swallowed, never to be seen again. Not even a trace that that leaf existed was left behind, not even a whisper as it slid across the ground.

I have no idea where these leaves go when they slip into the darkness, so naturally I became curious and the curiosity is what pulls me forward. Despite my curiosity, I am mildly concerned and scared of what's to come so when I move, I move slowly. As I am pulled closer, my interest of what's beyond that void grows, as does my anxiety.

I stop at the edge and look into the void. There is nothing but black; absolutely no color. I kneel down and crawl the tiniest bit closer, bending my head down to get a closer look. Then, I see it! A small movement near the center of the void! A small movement that fuels my interest even more and I can now no longer resist. I reach out and tap the surface with one finger, sending ripples across its seemingly liquid form.

Soon the ripples multiply, spreading and speeding up until it's all I can see. A color then flashes at the corner of my eye and I snap them back to the center of the void. Bubbles begin rising and a multitude of colors are spreading across the pool of dark liquid.

I am now brimming with delight and wonder, a smile stretching across my face, ear to ear. I am giggling too, enjoying the beautiful sight. With more enthusiam, more confidence, I reach with both hands and tap the surface with every finger. Music begins to sound in the background and I watch as many shapes rise from the void. I keep my hands on the now colorful surface not wanting this beautiful sight to stop. But, life thinks otherwise and the fun had to end all too soon.

I jerk my hands back when I hear footsteps approaching and everything in front of me dissapears quickly, as though it was never there to begin with. Even the black void that had first captured my attention.

I look up to see who was now standing behind me. My father extends his hand and I take it, stand up, and turn to leave. As we walk away, I turn my head around with wide eyes wondering if I had been dreaming. My silent question was answered when I saw a ripple of color pulse through the ground behind me after each step I took.

With a smile on my face and a skip to my steps, I turn my head to face forward again and walk away with my father, happy as can be.