1

It has been three hundred seconds and my mom said five minutes. She should  be back by now. She is always late. I hate it when people are late. The eggs are burning so I call for her from our box-like kitchen in our nasty, cheap-ass apartment. As usual my slutty mother stumbles out of her bedroom. Drunk, I'm sure. "Shit." she mumbles. Half the time I think she doesn't notice me. My mom wheels me to the small round table and places the blackened eggs in front of me.  I hate eggs. "I know you love breakfast for dinner, so I made eggs. Sorry, I got a little distracted." She plops down at the chair across from me. She looks tired. I know why she was distracted. All she does is text(sext) Todd. "That was dads favorite mom, not mine." I mumble annoyed. "Oh, sorry honey. You don't have to eat them." She sounds disappointed. "I wasn't going to." It's funny that she thinks I care about her feelings. I scrape them off of my plate and into the trash can next to me. After she shoves all her eggs down her throat, she wheels me into the sitting room. The television is switched on to the news. I groan, but I don't object. My mom could learn a thing or two from other people's mistakes. Two sips from her flask later Jenny arrives. I've been seeing an awful lot of Jenny lately. My mom is always out with Todd. I don't like Todd or my mom. There isn't much reason to hate Todd, except the fact that he's not my dad. I just can't see my mom going for a guy like Todd. He is well off, but too well off. I'd rather live in this crusty dump, than in Todd's mansion. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if dating Todd was a job for my mom. I've had my suspicions.