CHAPTER 03

As the beasts get closer, my fear grows stronger. I have to kill those beasts to survive. I aim closely and I gently pull the triger. The bullet hits one beast in the eye and it falls. From what I see, I say Ashley is shooting without aiming. She's missing the target. I notice something: Ashley isn't missing her target, the beasts are indestructible. But how did the one I shot die? I'm confused.

The beast takes a huge leap and forces Ashley to the ground with it's enormous leg muscles. The beast is on top of Ashley. Face to face they look at each other. The beast is about to kill Ashley with it's long teeth. I shoot at it but nothing happens, then I aim at it's eye. Fire! The beast takes a bullet in it's eye and falls off Ashley. Meanwhile, James is wrestling the third beast with his bare hands and his knife. The battle is rough and it doesn't look like the beast is losing.

"We have to help!" Ashley screams.

"Good idea." I reply. "Aim at its eye."

We carefully gauge the eyes of the beast and we fire. The beast falls down. It is dead. Things aren't okay but it is just about to get worse. We see many red eyes around us. It is the beasts, more of them. We stand to fight, even as exhausted as we are. Aiming the eyes of those many beasts is impossible. I begin to shoot anyhow; without aim. I soon run out of bullets, so does everyone. We pick up our machetes. We charge at them. We stab their eyes with the machetes till they all die. We all are injured but at least we aren't dead.

Fighting those beasts is the scariest thing I've ever experienced. That night and the night after, we were all unable to sleep. We thought the beasts were going to attack again but when fourth night passed, we were slept well.

A few days later, we take a stroll around the forest. We hear the cracking sound of a breaking branch behind us. We quickly arm ourselves. But before we could turn we hear something.

"Drop your weapons."

I am happy because an unknown person is here and he probably knows the way around the forest. I am filled with even more joy when I hear him continue speaking.

"Put up your hands or we'll shoot."

This means there's more people. We drop our guns, gently put up our hands and rotate. We see three people who are dressed like we are.

"We can help you." Ashley requests. "We know what is going on with the three of you."

They lower their weapons and we explain to them. We search their boots. Their names are Roderick, Edward and Steve.