CHAPTER 07

"We still have to be alert. More of them may come." I say to the whole team.

They laugh at me.

"You know, you don't have to make everything weird Gary. Just relax and enjoy the celebration. " James replied.

Well, I couldn't argue. Continuing the celebration just feels like the right thing to do. The celebration is over, all we did was sing some songs. We are now bored and have nothing to talk about. James notices a blinking blue light. He walks towards it. It looks like it's coming from behind a small door. James opens it and finds the engine to the spaceship.

"Guys! I think I can fix this. I don't know how but I can." James declares.

Maybe he's not a doctor after all, he's an engineer. Anyway I'm happy he can fix the ship because, that's our only way home. We watched James fix the engine for a while till we fall asleep. It's morning again. James is still fixing the engine. He didn't sleep. Ashley walks up to him and tells him to sleep and that the engine can wait, so James takes a nap. It's afternoon and James has just awakened. We still have some meat left so we eat till we finish all our meat. We have no more food so we have to leave this Godforsaken planet soon.

"James, get back to fixing this spaceship. " Edward instructs.

James goes back to fix the engine. Edward, Steve, Anita and I decide to go for a walk around the huge spaceship, when we get back it's evening and James is done fixing the engine. We all run to the control room. There are six seats there so we each pick a seat. To fly the spaceship we need a code, another problem. We spend an hour trying to figure out the code. Steve recalls the numbers that he remembers: 4752. He types in the digits and the Machine grants us full access to the spaceship.

"Hooray!" I think to myself, "It's time to go home."

I wonder if the monsters couldn't find us or if the monster Anita killed was the only one on the planet. I don't care. All I want to do is to get out of here before I find out the answer to that. To fly the spaceship we have to watch a tutorial provided by it. After watching the tutorial the spaceship shakes. Everything in it moves and it shakes again. I think I've found the answer to my question. The monsters have found us!