Part 1

"We rest here for the night." Thorin states, tossing his things on to the ground of the cave. The Company and you walk into the spacious cave. You immediately get a bad vibe. You turn to look at him. "Thorin, are you su-" You start to say. "Yes, Y/N, I'm sure." He interrupts you, giving you a look that says don't question him. You sigh and drop your eyes to the sandy floor. "We're soaking wet and we need to keep dry. This is the place for it tonight. Bofur, you get first watch." Thorin informs everyone. You sit down in a corner and pull your knees to your chest. Kili sits down next to you. "Hey, it's okay." He says quietly, covering his hand with yours. You look at him and give him a weak smile. "Everyone, get some rest. We continue our journey at dawn." Thorin says. You sigh and lay down, your back to Kili. You fall asleep within a few minutes. As the night progresses, each Dwarf slowly falls asleep-save for Bofur who's trying to keep his eyes open- so does the danger. Bofur is too tired to realize that huge cracks in the floor start appearing. You wake up to the sound of sand moving and strange groaning in the floor. Sitting upright, your eyes widen in horror at the cracks in the floor. "Thorin!" You scream just as the ground gives way. The Company starts shouting and screaming as you're all thrown down a Goblin tunnel. A long moment goes by until you land on a bridge. Kili falls on top of you as the Company lands all around you. Kili stares down at your breathlessly. "What just happened?" You ask. Suddenly strange cries and shrieks fill the air. "Goblins." Kili breathes, sliding off of you. "Look out!" Bofur shouts. The Goblins run towards you and start dragging each Dwarf away. "Kili!" You exclaim as you get pulled away from him. You struggle against the Goblins but they hold you tightly. The Goblins confiscate your weapons and then take you to the Goblin king. "Who would be so bold as to come armed in my kingdom?" The king asks, stepping off his throan and glaring at the Company. "Spies?! Thieves?! Assassins?!" He cries. "Dwarves, your malevolence." The Goblin holding you informs. "We found them on the front porch." He explains. "Well, don't just stand there! Search them!" The Goblin king commands. The Goblins start searching through the Company. "What are you doing in these parts?" The king asks. Everyone stays silent, refusing to say anything. "Speak!" He commands. The Company remains defiant. The king looks over the Company and then his eyes settle on you. You look to the ground, swallowing. "Well, if they won't talk, I guess we'll just have to make them." He states. "Bring the girl!" He shouts. Your head snaps up. "No!" You gasp as the Goblins drag you forward. "Y/N!" Kili exclaims. The Goblins bind your hands and bring you to your knees. "If you don't tell me what you're doing here, I will cut your little friend's throat." The king says coldly. Your eyes widen. "No!" You cry. The Goblin behind you winds his hand in your hair and pulls your head back. You grimace. "Don't... tell them... anything!" You shout, your voice strained. The Company look at each other fearfully. "Y/N, no!" Kili says, breaking free and running forward. Two Goblins tackle him to the ground and hold him there. '"It's fine. My duty is done. My job here is done. It's fine." You gasp, breathing heavily, tears sliding out of the corners of your eyes. "No one will speak?" The king asks, holding out a long dagger against your throat. No one speaks and Kili looks at your helplessly, bits of his hair in his face, his cheeks wet with tears. "So be it." The Goblin king murmurs, before slitting your throat. "No!!" Kili screams, sobbing, as you fall face forward on to the ground. Suddenly a bright light fills the Goblin tunnels. The Goblins cry out, covering their eyes. The Dwarves break lose, pick up their weapons and start killing the Goblins as Gandalf makes his appearance. "Y/N." Kili gasps hoarsely, scrambling over to your body. He turns you over. "Hey..." You murmur, smiling. "You're alive!" He exclaims in shock. "He didn't even cut my throat that deep." You laugh softly. Kili helps you sit up and then pulls you into his arms. "I-I was so scared that you died." He whispers into your neck. "I thought I was gonna die. But once he sliced my throat, I knew I'd be okay if I just faked my death until something happened." You say, pulling back to look at him. Kili cups your face and smiles at you. "Come on, Y/N, we have to go." He says, standing. You stand up and wrap your scarf around your neck. Between fighting Goblins, the Company stares at you in shock. You laugh softly and pick up your sword. "It's payback time." You grunt, grinning at Kili. He grins back at you before you both unleash your ultimate killing skills.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!