CHAPTER:1 The Day We Met

"Victoria!' My manager calls

"Yes?' I asked handing coffee to this couple

"Give this latte to that gentleman over there." He says

I look over, he's really cute. I walk over to hand him his latte , looking down.

"Hello beautiful." A deep voice says.

"Hi, here's that latte you ordered sir." I say grinning like a idiot

"Please call me Jake." He says smiling

"Well Jake I have to go, bye." I say

"I would love to see you again." he says handing me a small slip of paper.

I look at the really close up and it has 7 digits on it.

His number . Should I fall for someone again I heard I get overly attached to people and things. Its something I cant help because no one was ever there for me so I don't know what to think.

I turn around quick because I have an odd feeling that hes watching me as I walk I turn my head to see that he gives me a sharp wink and then goes back to his phone.

-------After work

I slam the front door that has crystals on it I forgot about that I guess I have to be more careful to my surroundings. Its a poor door is dark brown with cracks in the wood. Unlike the wealthy. As I walk in I find my father sleeping on the couch. well I think hes sleeping there's a beer bottle in hand and a small grey newspaper. I also find my mother crying in the kitchen the poor old kitchen. I run upstairs acting like I have never seen anything that has happened. As I lay on my bed I think of him. Jake. I'm wanting to call him but I don't have a cellphone. I sneak downstairs grabbing the home phone, and I slowly creep up, making sure my dad a drunk on the couch doesn't awake. I dial the number ,and I have to make a quick decision because the phones ringing. Should I call then I hear a " Hello!"

I'm freaking out when I shiver I let out a quite "Hello?" "Is this Victoria from the coffee shop I met today earlier?" He says with a deep voice.

I start to studder "uh um uh yea.!

" Oh well I was going to ask if you wanted to go somewhere with me tonight like a date but I know we haven't got to meet or get to know each other well so want to now..? "

I try to get my thoughts together I would do anything to get out of this house I think I take a breath of my last single bit of air before I loose it all I pick up the phone with a tight grasp "sure" I say calm.

"Be there at 8:00" he says

A/N Hi! This is my first book You should thank @14HARRIET14 for making the cover more new chapters will be coming soon thanks P.S. Votes wont hurt <3