Chapter 1- Confusion

Bright lights blinded me when I opened my eyes. Slowly my eyes adjusted, and I looked around. I was in some large white area, but there was nothing there. No sun, no trees, no walls, roof, sky, or anything else. Just, white.

Then, out of nowhere, familiar boy came toward me, a frown plastered across his angelic face. "You shouldn't be here," the brunette said. His hazel eyes searched my face. He reached a hand out to touch the side of my face, then looked shocked when his hand made contact. He looked at me, "What...?" he murmured in a confused tone. I had yet to move, if this was a somehow a dream, I didn't want to spoil it. It had been so long since I had seen his face, felt his touch, heard his voice. I had to hold on to it for just a bit longer.

"Melody... my sweet Melody," he said softly, "I missed you so much." He pulled me close and kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his chest, inhaling the scent of his cologne. God, he smelled exactly the way he did all those months ago. He held me for what felt like an eternity, but I didn't mind. I had missed this boy so much, it felt like I could finally breathe again.

He broke our embrace, and brushed a stray piece of dark hair from my face. "You shouldn't be here," he stated again. "You could only be here if you were..." his voice trailed off and realization slowly crossed his face. "You didn't. Melody, you couldn't, you wouldn't. Did you...?" hs eyes pleaded with me to tell him his suspicions were wrong. That I hadn't done the unthinkable, he wanted me to tell him it was all some freak accident. I knew the truth would crush him. I could felt his heart shatter into a million pieces when I finally spoke:

"I killed myself, Jax."