Chapter 4- The Road to HQ

I followed Jax for what seemed like ages without actually getting anywhere. "Are we close?" I asked for the hundredth time. His jaw tightened in frustration, "We will get there when we get there Melody." I sighed and looked around, all this white was boring. Couldn't they have picked another color? Something prettier. Maybe a nice sky blue... or a light purple. Maybe even a nice shade of orange.

I got lost in thought about how to improve this place, when I suddenly ran straight into something solid. I rubbed my forehead in an attempt to get the pain to go away, it didn't help. "What the hell was that?" I muttered as I looked up to see my abuser. A door. Jax had a look of amusement on his face as I stared at it. It was just a door, as in it wasn't attached to anything. There was no building, no people walking in and out of it, just white and then boom a door right smack in the middle of it. I put a hand slightly to the left of the door, expecting to feel some sort of hard surface. Maybe it had just been painted to match everything else.

When my hand didn't touch anything, I walked in a circle around the door, analyzing it. I was looking for any sign that this actually lead somewhere. Finally, I looked at Jax with a very serious expression. "You know, I'll never understand public art." He laughed, and it felt so good to hear it again. Maybe he had finally turned off his weird Creator auto pilot connection thingy.

"Open it," he prompted. "What is there to open? It's just there, no hinges or anything. You think it opens?" I said. I may not always be super smart, but I'm not a complete idiot. Jax rolled his eyes at my comment, reached for the handle, and opened the door. Immediately I could see an immaculate waiting area with three perfectly straight rows of pristine white chairs resting on a light gray carpet. There were only a few people actually sitting in the chairs, as if waiting to be called fr something. A woman behind a desk typed quickly and with precise movements. People in nice clothes and what looked like gym clothes hung around the area, walking from room to room, and some with groups of people in tow. "What is this place?" I asked in awe.

"Welcome to Heaven's HQ. Now, we just have to get you registered."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it's short. I don't have as much time as I'd like to work on it. A little's better than nothing.

~K

97xd}c