Prettiest Friend (KimXi One Shot)

Andrew’s POV

“Hello?” I answered groggily. It’s 2 am for goodness’ sake! Who would think of calling at this ungodly hour?

“Sir? Is this Andrew Arcangel?” An unfamiliar voice answered.

“Um, yeah. Who’s this?”

“Sir, I’m the bartender of Club 365 along Quezon City. Your friend is passed out. She’s really drunk Sir. And she told me to call you.”

“Again?” I muttered. Oh, Celine, seriously? “All right, all right, I’ll be there in 30 minutes. Please look after her for now. Thank you.”

“All right Sir.”  and with that he hung up.

I scurried out of my bed and dressed out of my pajamas. I hurriedly got out of my condo unit and started driving to the bar. I wonder what happened again?  Is it because of that jerk again?

After approximately 35 minutes, I finally got to the bar. I went in and found her sleeping soundly, her head rested on the countertop.

“Sir Andrew?”  a guy asked.

“Um, yeah. Thanks for looking after her. If you don’t mind, can you help me carry her out?”

“Sure Sir.”

We carried Celine out of the bar. Me on one side, while the bartender at the other. When we got to the car, I opened the door and propped her inside the passenger seat. The bartender gave me her belongings which I rested beside her.

“Thanks man.” I said and patted him on the shoulders.

“Take care, Sir.” he replied then headed back towards the bar.

I then got in the car and drove off.

I’ve decided to bring her to her condominium. After about 20 minutes we finally got there. I carried her on my back and took her purse as well. I walked towards the elevator and pressed her floor number.

“Raf..... a... el... Rafael...” I heard her muttering.

“It’s me C. It’s not that jerk.” I said bitterly.

When we finally got to her floor, I immediately walked to her unit. I rummaged through her purse and fished out her key. I unlocked the door and rested her in her bedroom.

I watched her as she slept soundly. I wiped the hair strands covering her face, she was beautiful.

“Why do you keep on forcing yourself to that jerk? I can love you so much more... I can treat you so much better C. If only you let me... I sighed.

Yes, I love her. I’m in love with my best friend, as cliche as it may seem. But I can’t do anything about it. Cause I just stand here, watching her fall in love and get hurt by the same jerk over and over and over again. Because I’m a coward.

I’m a freakin coward.

I fixed her sleeping position and covered her with her blanket. I kissed her forehead before heading out.

“I love you C.” I said as I looked at her one more time before I closed the door.

Celine’s POV