Chpt 4- Attacks.

The car ride was silent between me and Elijah for a little while but eventually he  was the first to speak.
"Do you think.. The government did that to him??" He asked,

"I.. don't know but I wouldn't put it past them. I wouldn't be surprised honestly.. It was obvious Vladimire was chained up , starved, tortured and then let lose. " I replied "Just to think that there are others like him that have went through that... Makes me sick. To do that to a creature and then let it go to wreck havoc on your own people. It's beyond messed up."  

"Do you think the scientists we're going to see will know about this??" 

"I hope so.. They should have an archive of some type with all the genetic mutants that have been made." 

"An..Archive?" He asked with a confused type tone.

"Yes. It's kinda like a big dictionary or a collection of information. For them, their Archive should have lists of all the genetic mutants, when they were created, details about them, where and when they were made, you get the point." I explained.

"Oh.. Well that will be very useful. " he said as he sat back and looked out the window. 

  And with that there was no more conversation for the rest of the ride until we took a break before sundown. We pulled over to an empty field. One more day to go and we'll be at the scientists place. I stretched and watched as everyone was talking amongst themselves. Susie let Max run around without a leash and Liz was holding Nermal while walking around. Frank told me they have food in their RV for everyone. Even though my stomach growled with hunger I didn't want to eat. My mind was wrapped around the event that took place not even 6 hours ago.  I couldn't get the picture of Vladimire out of my head..The burn marks..how distinctly his rib cage  showed and most of all how his eyes were. Sunken in and showing nothing but sorrow. A creature made by man only to be tortured by its creator. Vlad probably never even got to run around in the open until that very day. I know other creatures were let out too but how many of the were just like Vlad?? Kept locked away to be tormented and turned into a weapon. How can we be mad at them?? For only acting on instinct. So many people died.. but that's more than likely because those genetic mutants were hungry, not because they wanted to kill for fun..Unlike us. Human. We kill for fun and even make it a sport. But do any of the genetic mutants they let out do the same?? Would they kill us even if they weren't hungry or if we didn't pose to be a threat? I couldn't blame them if they did. In chains they feared us, but let go? They're at the top of the food chain and we are very close to the bottom.  As my mind spiraled all around these thoughts I was approached by Juda who had been coughing to, or what seems like to, get my attention. 

"Oh. Juda, sorry I didn't see you." 

He scoffed, "I noticed. I wanted to talk to you about these scientists. How do we know they didn't make anything like that damn creature we got in roughs with?"

"Honestly Juda.. I wish I could tell you that I know for a fact they haven't made anything like that but I truly don't know. They did make these new breed of Inku's. To make something like Vladimire though? I think they do know something about it. They were involved on the creation of him. "

"How do you know that??" He came closer towards me keeping his voice down so the others wouldn't hear. 

"Because of.. Because of the markings in his skin" i said shaking my head and moving my hand through my hair " It's just like the Inku Lupkins skin. Someone at that facility was involved. They knew about him and they knew about him when they sent us out here. For them to count on us running into Vladimire?? Now that, I hope is not true." 

" What are we going to do when we get there Daniel?? Pretend that all of this never happened? Help fix their fence and live the rest of our lives out or what?"