Chapter one- What do we do?

March 6th, year 3026 at approximately 2:30pm an emergency message was broadcast throughout the U.S and Canada. On all T.V and radio stations. We had heard the message through the television. President Linkin appeared on the T.V wearing a black and white suit. He crossed his hands as he started to speak.

" You should all know that human-like genetic mutants have escaped the military base in Carson City, Nevada. These genetic mutants are dangerous and violent. We have evacuated the military base along with all other military owned property. We have let loose all genetic mutants in our labs. To be straight forward with you, people of America, they are a hassle to keep under control. We can not afford to keep feeding then and keep their population under control. We tried all we could but can not contain them any longer. We are sorry for you, the middle class and poor, we can't afford to save everyone. Sacrifices have to be made and sadly those sacrifices are you. We wish you good lu-"

At this point my dad turned off the t.v and looked at us. Then it happened... Panic.

       You could hear our neighbors running around in their apartments. Yelling and screaming at each other with who they lived with. My dad spoke softly " Just stay where you are, Stay calm, and we'll wait till they've all left. ..". So that's what we did, we sat in silence as everyone else hurried out of their apartments and into their cars thinking they could escape the genetic mutants that had just gotten loose...Or i guess i should say set free??  Chaos erupted outside. You can't blame them for panicking though, we lived in Carson City and those mutants... It would probably take them 20-30 mins to actually break out of the buildings and get through the military fences that surrounded the base and only 30 mins to get here to where we live if they come this way. I listened to the sounds coming outside. Kids screaming and crying, people yelling at each other, and cars speeding off in the distance. All of this was happening and we are just sitting here in silence. Doing nothing but exchanging looks. Then soon the noises and commotion outside started to quiet down. My dad spoke,

"It sounds like everyone left the building. We're going to barricade the front door and windows with furniture from the first floor.Then we can search-

" We'll need bleach and any other chemicals we can find." I said interrupting him. My dad looked at me confused."To throw off their sense of smell. If we can surround our building and the one next to it, it will throw them off any human scents that's around the buildings and they should leave it alone."

"Alright. We'll do that first. Daniel and I will go check out the first floor and get chemicals from there. Mary and Liz you two get the chemicals under the sink. Hurry." My dad said as he stood up. 

     My dad and I made out way to the first floor. Apartment doors were left wide open. We checked all the apartments and brought the chemicals from them to the front door and soon my sister and mother came down the stairs and so did Juda who was helping carry some of the chemicals. Juda is the guy who lives above us. We don't know him all too well but we do know he has guns. Lots and lots of guns. 

"we told him the plan." my mother said. "He's going to help."

Juda smiled and asked " where do we start and what do you need me to do?"

"We need to spray the chemicals now. All around this building and on it. Especially near the doors and windows of the ground floor. We also need to cover the building next to ours. Possibly on the roof just in case, but we can do that later." I said.

  " Okay. You, Mary and Liz start dumping these chemicals. Juda and I will gather the rest from the second floor. "said my dad.

  So we all separated ways going as fast as we could but making sure we got every where. Our building was five stories high if you count the basement and only had about four apartments on each floor.It didn't take us too long to cover it and the one next to it with 5 people working together. We had to get every window doused in all these chemicals. I especially got the whole floor of the floor we were on covered just in case they came in. Hoping that they would hate how strong the smell is and go away. We even took the litter box we found from the first floor and dumped it near the trees. Maybe the smell of it will distract some of the genetic mutants or at least some of them if we're lucky. At least these people who had a cat took it with them, not that it would matter. Most mutant studies show that they don't bother with cats, dogs or even birds. Unless they're really hungry they'll eat them but other than that they ignore them. I should probably tell you that I am student at the Banshee college of Nevada that specializes in genetic mutants, including plants and animals as areas of study. I've only gone there for 2 years though and yes I was staying at my parents mostly because it saves me and them money as it's only a 20 minute drive from here to the college. Before I even went to college i spent my high school summers at research labs that offered internships for the summer to high school students who were interested in that area of study. Now, back to more important things.
      As we all finished we retreated back into the building to barricade the doors and cover all the windows. It's a good thing Juda was here. He's a muscular guy unlike me and my dad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fat or unhealthy but i'm not an athletic person nor is my dad. Then again he is 48 with a bad back so he kinda has an excuse. So yeah having Juda, a muscular man who can lift furniture easily, is great. When we started to barricade the doors we finally heard them....Blood hurling screams. We all exchanged looks between each other then started to rush with bringing the furniture out of the apartments and arranging it to stay against the door and windows. I guess we weren't the only ones who stayed because we heard a doors opening.