Chapter 2 ( An unexpected arrival)

Ashley Marrin's POV

I can't wait to see Hanna. I look at my phone and notice the time 3 minutes to 11. Typical, Hanna never was the master of time,I guess that was what Spencer was for. I wonder what Hanna had in mind for houses she might want to buy. To be honest I never thought Tom was her type. I think Hanna really wanted to get over Caleb, but I'm not sure if it's over.

Hanna's POV

Finally I arrive at the cafe I was meeting my mom at. Only 20 past 11 not to late after the whole puke and run incident.

"Hey mom." I say, going over to the table my mom was sitting at.

"Hanna! Oh my god, you look amazing." My mom squeals.

"Thank you."

We sit down and chat for hours on end and on our fifth coffee we discuss houses, then I ask her how Pastor Ted is. My mom had to go to the bathroom so I checked my phone. 15 missed calls and 28 texts from Tom. All saying the same thing. "Where are you ?" and "When are you coming home?" I text him saying that I've decided to stay at my moms tonight and be home around 1 tomorrow. I confirmed with mom and she said it was fine, this meant I had some time to explore the town of Rosewood, and some other parts.

Suddenly my mom got a text saying that she had an emergency meeting at work that couldn't be avoided.I told her it was fine, I finished off my coffee and told her I'd meet her at home by 6. That gave me 3 hours to track down Caleb.

"One minute, track down sounds like a stalker, I'll just go around seeing if anyone's, you know, seen him recently." I mutter to myself.

As I lay a 20 on the counter the door opens and a breeze of Lynx aftershave envelopes me.It smelt distinctively recognisable. I turn round and nearly drop my Prada clutch. It was Caleb. The same Caleb who saved me from the dollhouse, covered for me,lied for me and fought for me.

"Hi" I say awkwardly

"Hi" he replies.

"So,do you like, still live here." I ask.

"Yeah, quite near your Moms actually."

I was so relieved that he wasn't going anywhere.

"This may sound weird, but do you wanna hang out at the park or something?" I say quite nervously

"Sure, why not."

We walk to the park in silence, but when we get there all the memories come back and we chat like we've just come out of Rosewood High on lunch break. I find out he's single which made me want to scream. I started to realise how much I missed him. His lips, hair,eyes and his hugs. You could screw up millions of times and he'd think it would be cute or he'd just laugh, and he always came back. Then the dreaded question came up.

"Are you dating anyone?" Caleb asked.

I froze, I knew I had to tell him sometime but....

"Well...Ummm. I'm sort of seeing this guy called Tom, but he's nothing compared to you... oh my god did I just say that out loud??!!"

"Yeah" Caleb laughed.

I was cringing so hard inside.

"I mean I might move in with him, but I really came here to see if there is still a chance for us?" I questioned hopeful.

" Hanna, I didn't want to push it but I still..."

Then my phone rings.

"Sorry, it's my mom." I say to Caleb

"Hey mom."

"Hanna, Ted's been in an accident, can you come home."

"Of course." I hang up

"Sorry Caleb,I have to go." I rush blurting out the words

"Its ok, come see me tomorrow."

"I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Ohh. Well I guess this is goodbye, for good." He said disappointedly

" It doesn't have to be, I'll try make it to your house."

"I hope you can,"

"Yeah, me too, this could work,between us."

With that I ran over to my car jumped in drove to my moms. I smiled to myself, that went amazingly.