Chapter 1

MAGGIE POV:

I wake up with my sheets in the floor,
my alarm sets off for school. I jump
out of bed with a nauseous feeling, I knew I shouldn't have eaten that Chinese food!

I go take a quick shower, change into a maroon v neck shirt and some high waist shorts and of course my white high top converse. I go run downstairs and see my mom laying on the floor. My heart pounces

"MOM!" I say, water tearing up in my eyes.
No response .. this can't be happening.. she .. s-she .. can't be dead..I thought her health was getting better..

I lift her up and put my two fingers under her nose to feel is she is breathing... she.. she.. s-she isn't.. I get up and call 911 immediately, I try to steady her on the couch

I few minutes by the ambulance comes, many neighbors are outside watching as my mother gets carried to the ambulance..

"hell-o.. may I stay with her?" I try asking without me pouring my eyes out.

"Unfortunately you can't.. no minors are allowed" said the driver in a low toned voice.

I go back home thinking and thinking what I will do if she...dies

I decided to skip school for today and I called Cameron right away to see if he was busy or not

"Babe.. can.. can I come over? I need to talk to you" I tried to say this as calm as I could but I couldn't help it.

"Maggie what's wrong? Are you cryin-

"No .. no i'm not"

"I'm coming to pick you up, I don't like to hear my baby girl crying and you will have to explain to me what's wrong"

I hung up and realized my eyes were all puffed up, I got up and went to my room and just laid there, I thought to myself "this is all my fault.. if the divorce didn't happen then she would be okay"

I blame myself for everything, for the littlest things I blame myself, someone's death I blame myself.

I heard the doorbell ring, I got up and checked myself in the mirror to see my eyes and of course they were pink, I went to open the door downstairs and it was cameron, I opened the door and cameron just stood there.

"Please don't cry.. I heard what happened because while sammy dropped me off I saw on Twitter that.. your mom.."

"Please don't say it.."

I jumped on Cameron and hugged him so much.. I didn't want to let go because Cameron was the only person who made me feel genuinely happy.

Cameron led me to the car, I just stared at the window with Cameron's hand on my waist I didn't want to see my only mother be gone