Chapter 3: The Worst Day

POV: Mari

It's been three days since that fateful meeting. I still had to go over it again and again, and glance at my friend every now and then, just to make sure he was real. I finally made a friend! Sure, he was technically dead, but that didn't matter. He helped me deal with James's antics. James was still a bully, but I was less affected by him now that I had someone to talk to.

The day started off like any other, I woke up, holding my friend close. It should have been embarrassing at best, and creepy at worst, to hold a dead man's spirit like a security blanket, but in a way, it was comforting.

James was unusually tame while we were at the house, meaning whatever he had planned would take place at Fazbear's. Why on my birthday, of all the day's?

We made it to Fazbear's without incident, and my father left us to do his job. I held my friend in my hand, keeping him close. I sat down at one of the many tables, watching the animatronics perform. I always liked them. Fredbear was my favorite. I set my friend down beside me. He glanced around the room before speaking,

"Well, happy birthday, Mari."

"Thanks. It means a lot to me."
If he could have smiled, I'm sure he would've.

"Why does James like to tease you?,"he asked.

"He wasn't always so bad." I replied.

"What about his friends?"

"Same thing. They all used to just hang out, have fun, have a good time, that sort of thing."

"Tell me about them."

"Well, let's start with names, hobby, etc. James is the oldest, and the ringleaderleader of their little band. He loves Foxy the Pirate. Then there's Frederick, they call him Freddy, partly because it makes sense and because he loves the Freddy animatronic. He's the second-in-command, you could say. Then there's Freddy's brother, Bonnie, intentionally named after the Bonnie animatronic. He's the intellectual nerd of the group. He's usually the kindest, and doesn't always join in on James's pranks, but he still supports him. Supposedly he's really good at engineering. Then there's Charlotte, the only girl in the group. She likes cooking, and always hands out a snack or two. She favors the Chica animatronic. I think that she and James fancy each other...not that I really care.," I added.

"Do you think you'd want one of those Plushtaps?"my friend asked, gesturing to one of the many tiny yellow bunny plushes.
"I don't know, maybe,"was my replie," I don't have one of those yet. That's the Spring-Bonnie plushie?"

"Yeah, I always liked Spring-Bonnie. She was my favorite" my friend replied, his eyes lost in memory. A question popped into my head, and I quickly asked,

"Do you have any family? He lowered his head, and although he couldn't express his feelings through facial expression, I felt the sense that this was a bad subject. I began to apologize,

"I'm sorry if I upset you. I just-"

"It's okay.," He interrupted, looking up at me.

"It's just that I can't remember much of my life before."

"Do you remember anything?"

"I had a sister. Her name was Ariana. She was a few years younger than me. We lived together after...something...happened to our parents. I looked after her for... I can't remember how long. She always annoyed me with tricks and pranks. I wonder what happened to her."

His eyes drifted to a point behind me, and he froze, completely still. I was about to ask him what was wrong, when a hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder, startling me and making me jump. I whirled around, staring into the laughing face of my brother, a Foxy mask covering it.