Interview with Author: TheStyclarSaga (Nikki Kelly)

WATTPAD AUTHOR INTERVIEW

'Nikki' is one of my favourites authors both on and off of Wattpad! Her story LAILAH is a brilliant, original creation that I can't help but re-read over, and over again. She's such an approachable individual and talking to her has been enlightening and informative, as well as entertaining! I'm happy to say I have a friend in this fellow Wattpad author! Thankyou, Wattpad big sister! And thankyou for letting me interview you, I always love talking about your story LAILAH with you! It's always so interesting.

Name: Nikki Kelly

Age: 27

Author of: LAILAH (Book1 in TheStyclarSaga)

When did you join Wattpad and why?

I joined wattpad literally a month or so before I launched LAILAH to wattpad - Wattpad was brought to my attention by a newspaper article about a young writer and her success here on wattpad.

I joined wattpad to become part of this amazing community of aspiring writers and devoted readers. To both publish my own story and discover other stories in my fave genres!

How long did it take for you to complete LAILAH and why did you decide to put in it on Wattpad?

LAILAH took around 18months from the day I had the spark, to the moment the final edits were done. I work full-time as a Personal Assistant so the only time I had to create LAILAH was in the evenings, weekends and on holiday!

I serialised in blocks of 6 chapters weekly, over the seasonal period (Dec2012). There were a number of factors that led me to putting LAILAH on wattpad…

1 – I was able to get real-time feedback from readers as they went on a journey with LAILAH – Priceless!

2 – It enabled me to see how popular the story might be, how deeply the reader  mpathized with the characters, and also to see if there were any glaring holes I had missed! – I’m pleased to say I have been incredibly fortunate that the feedback on LAILAH has been nothing short of overwhelming and just completely amaze-balls!

3 – The story unfolds over the Christmas period and it was nice to be able to serialise it in December in ‘real time’. I posted the EPILOGUE on new years day, in line with the events in the book itself.

When did you first start writing and what was that beginning inspiration?

I was writing from a very young age - filling notepad after notepad (we didn't have wattpad or anything like it  back then!) with short stories! I always loved reading, and I chat a lot! So it was only natural that I would progress story telling to pen and pad!

But as you get older, life moves forward and I stopped for a while. Then for one of my birthdays my hubby bought me a mac book… This shiny new toy that was just waiting for me to find a purpose for it! Not long after, I had a dream about a girl in a dilapidated house, helping this dark haired stranger – I recognised him instantly to be a vampire or a demon of some sort, but what caught my attention far more than him, was the blonde haired girl assisting him. I remember being almost frustrated as I dreamed, I couldn’t see her face. Then in the final seconds of my dream, she snapped her head over her shoulder and her bright blue eyes flipped to a fierce red… I woke up that morning and knew I had found my inspiration… For days after, each night I went to bed, I thought about her – I found myself wondering who she was and what her story was all about … I decided that I would find and tell her story… hence, the beginnings of LAILAH were born!

Where did you come up with "Styclar Saga"? I'm intrigued to know it's origin?

The Saga had to be called The Styclar Saga because the world Gabriel comes from is called Styclar-Plena. (The first dimension).