Chapter 2

I pulled up to the high school, my stomach growing tight due to the overflow of butterflies.

I got out and looked around, it was almost like a high school in the movies. You had that group of cheerleaders and football players who called out certain people. You had the geeks who studied on the school benches together. Then you had the dance team that danced while they were walking.

I began to walk up the ramp into the school, "Oooo, new girl!" One cheerleader shouted me out. I gave her one look, before continuing my stroll into my new school.

Once I walked in, a dance team audition paper was being taped onto the wall. "Thursday 3:00 after school, Must have a physical to join, also, have actual talent." I read to myself. Very blunt, but it's a plus to coming here.

________________________
"Everyone, feast your eyes on our new employee, Rihanna Fenty!" The so far strange theater teacher introduced me.

A couple guys complimented my body, a bunch of girls rolled their eyes, a couple people politely smiled my way.

"Go ahead, tell us about yourself!" I looked at the teacher, my face growing red. Last time I introduced myself in a new school, I was bullied because of my strong Barbadian accent, and people always called me "Mon" or "Banana". Lame asses.

"I'm.. I'm an exchange student from Barbados. I'm 17, going on 18 in a few months and-" I noticed a little group of girls, laughing and mimicing my voice.

"And I don't take bullshit from little hoes like ya'll."

The girls' smiles dropped, all of them glaring at me as I walked down all the rows to my seat. I smiled at a girl beside me, she smirked at me, giving her attention back to the teacher.
_________________
I walked to my locker, opening it to push all things I didn't need in it. "Hey new girl.." The smirk chick leaned on the locker beside me, "Hi." I smiled, closing my locker to lean on it, copying her.

"Welcome to Salt Lake High school! How you like it so far?" She threw her arm around me as we began walking down the hall, also taking my schedule from me.

"It's... somethin'." We walked into the cafeteria.

We sat down, placing our trays in front of us. A tall, brown skin walked up to our table. "Ruby.. you got my shit?" He asked, his eyes switching to me, but back to her. She pulled out a tinted black bag, passing it over to him. He pulled out a wad of cash, giving it to her.

"Thanks, Rock." The guy walked away, but not before giving me another glance. I watched him as he sat down at a table full of thots and thugs.

"That's Rocky," Ruby grabbed my attention, probably realizing how much it was on him, "He's cool. I deal with him." I looked her over, "Like drug deal..?" I asked her. She chuckled at my confusing state, "Nah ma, we sell crayons and shit on the corner." She laughed, I stood confused at her amusement, "Yes. I drug deal." Her eyes grew dark once she spilled, but her amusement stayed plastered on her face.

________________________

"How was your first day, mija?" Jamie asked, stirring the spaghetti sauce for dinner. "It was okay.. I guess. Dance team's having auditions Thursday after school, but I need a physical to try out." My shoulders slumped. To get my physical, I'd have to get it sent here to Manhattan all the way from Barbados. There's no way it'll be here in time.

"I'll get your uncle to ask your mother to send it over right now!" Jamie placed the spoon down on the cutting board, disappearing upstairs.

My phone flashed, indicating a notification. I opened it up, automatically going onto Instagram.

My 4.9K followers turned into 5K when I accepted this follow request, opening the page to reveal who I remember to be Rocky..

_______________________

Boring 1st and 2nd chapters. But, chapter 3 will start the madness of curiousityyyyy.....