Chapter 16: Tears

Chapter 16: Tears

Hazel’s POV

            As we speed down the road, I could feel the tension in the car. I knew the girls were thinking of him…I was too…I missed him so much, I still remember the last day I saw him…

*Flash Back*

            “ Hazel nut! I’m home!” Brock yelled, walking into my house, smiling.

            “ Hmm, Did you bring food?” I asked, with a smirk on my face and he returned the gesture and then handed me a bag of Taco Ball.

            “ I fucking love you,” I said and he laughed as I took the bag and then ushered him into the living room.

            “ What do you want to do? I mean, it’s the last night of Winter Break!” He said as I stuffed my face with the delisouse Mexican food.

            I swallowed the food that was in my mouth and then thought.

            “ Movie marathon?” I asked and he smiled and nodded and I chuckled, knowing how much he loved our movie marathons!

            “ I’ll get the blankets and pillows!” He said and then jogged upstairs to my room, where there was a bunch of pillows and blankets in a pile.

            I quickly finished my food and then walked into the dark kitchen and turned on the lights. I looked out the window and say the full moon and sighed. Then, suddenly a crash came from upstairs. My heart started beating and I panicked and then sprinted up the steps.

            I ran into my room to find my window shattered and blood on the floor. I yelled for Brock, and looked out the window to see a dark van pulling away.

            “ STOP!” I yelled and then ran downstairs and out the door. I tried to run after the van but it went out of my sight. As the tears were running down my cheeks, I collapsed into the ground, my screams echoing in my head.

            *End of Flashback*

            A tear slowly trickled down my cheek and Niall whipped it away and then kissed my forehead and I looked down.

            “ Don’t worry, we will find him,” He whispered as he held me in his arms and I closed my eyes, trying to think positive…

            The rest of the car ride was silent, a couple of stray tears would fall from the other girls face and an occasionally sigh.

            My heart started pumping as we pulled up to the dark, tall building, suddenly memories flashed back, and I remember them carrying me over their shoulder and the only thing I caught a glimpse of was the giant green trashcan that was right next to the entrance. I shivered as the garbage can came into my sight and I nodded.

            “ This is the place,” I said and we all stepped out, getting out weapons. We had found some more pullets so we were good with guns and then each took a knife, just in case.