Class in April

It couldn't be me. It couldn't. Not me. It was impossible! How could it be?(I can't believe I just rhymed) I wasn't the kind of person that would be given the book. Why me? These were the questions I asked when Melissa Louis, the Queen Bee of John Barker High gave me the book on the last day of school. Ok, so I should explain it all to you.

My name is Srina Conufal. I was just a freshman at John Barker Academy. My dad is Indian. My mom is British. No laptop, no camera, no Ipod, no (you know where this is going) cell phone... You'd assume I'd be getting teased...all the time. Ding! We have a winner. From the first day, I was Miss Misfit."Hey, look, it's Srina the loser. " "Oh my god, she doesn't know who Nash Grier is!?"

April 12th. Monday. 8 a.m. Mom woke me up late. I normally don't depend on my mom to wake me up, but I did on this day. My nightgown (yes I wear a nightgown because I have nothing else to wear to bed) was wrinkled from my tossing and turning. My sheets were sitting on the floor. My mom came in.

"Srina" she urged.

I groaned.

"Srina! It's eight o'clock! School starts in five minutes!"

"I'm not going; wait, what?!" I jumped out of bed and undressed. I grabbed my uniform (why does it have to be a uniform?) and pulled it on immediately. I ran downstairs hungry. Forget breakfast. 8:02. I brushed my teeth for ten seconds but brushed my hair neatly and quickly. My straight, black, yet completely messed up hair. 8:04. Oh no. I rushed outside and to my expectance, I missed the bus. I walked. Well, I actually ran. I ran as fast as my feet in buckle shoes would take me. After what seemed like hours, I got to school. 8:08. I didn't care. Forget my locker. My first class:Calculus. Mr. Wyatt is really strict. I was in big trouble. Mr. Wyatt cruelly punishes you if you're late. I rushed in but pretended I was walking. "You're late." said Mr. Wyatt.

"I am sir, I apologize." I answered innocently.

"I'm sure you have a good reason why you're late."

"Mr. Wyatt, you see-"

"I suppose your dog ate your homework?"

"No, Mister. Actually what happened-"

"Let me guess: You dreamed you were writing pi?"

The whole class laughed. I got away easy. His punishments are usually worse and more embarrassing.

"Take a seat, Miss Conufal."

The guys behind me laughed and punched in the shoulder and the girls giggled.So you see I'm not the kind of teacher's pet bullying victim.

Mr. Wyatt went on and on about theorms and I felt like I would just collapse.

After about 3 billion more classes, school was over. I swear, I'm tired of being bossed and pushed around. Don't worry Srina, only two months until summer. You'll survive. Yeah, right.