She began to fall in love..

It had been over a month since I'd met Micah. I loved to run my fingers through those golden locks when I teased him. Micah had awoken a side of me I'd never even known existed. He made me an entirely different person, but in such a good way. He always made me laugh. He made forget everything, from my stepmother ruining my life to barely even seeing my dad anymore, and how I had stopped caring if I did. I don't know why or how but Micah had come in just the right moment in my life. He began to know all my secrets and he could see me in sweats or without makeup and I wouldn't care. He was the one guy I didn't feel the need to impress.

"You know, I think that guy from our English class has his eye on you." Micah said as he caught up with me. We were headed to Math class and I had to pick up my homework from my locker first.

"Alex? Are you joking?" I'd asked. Alexander Parker was the guy who sat behind me in English class. He was a nice guy, just not my type.

"He's always looking at you." Micah insisted.

"Maybe because I'm in front of him and he has to in order to pay attention to the class." I answered him. Duh.

"Why? Are you jealous?" I'd teased.

"No! I just don't want you to get hurt." he said shutting my locker door closed and trailing behind me as I made my way to the Math classroom.

"Well, I wouldn't know.." I said. I'd never had a boyfriend and I'd never had a serious crush before. Micah was the closest I'd ever been to a guy.

"What do you mean? You girls are supposed to know about this kind of crap. Use prior knowlege. Previous boyfriends?" he'd said tapping my forehead and smiling.

I jokingly pulled myself out from his reach, laughing. Then I got serious again.

"Micah.." I trailed off. I didn't want him to know.

"What?" he asked, still smiling.

"I've never had a boyfriend before.." I admitted. He looked surprised.

"Never?" he asked.

"Never." I confirmed.

"How could a pretty girl like you still not have her first boyfriend? Huh? How's that?" he'd asked while throwing me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and tickling me.

"Micah, stop!" I screamed and tried to sound as serious as one can be while squeals of laughter are escaping one's mouth.

Then he suddenly dropped me. I explored our surroundings as a way of trying to figure out the sudden drop. And I saw it. A stern teacher was approaching us and staring daggers.

Micah had distanced himself from me but, without noticing I think, he connected his hand with mine. The feel of his fingers on my palm sent a tingling of sorts all the way from my arm to my shoulder, where it connected to the rest of my body. I was confused at my own thoughts. There was a hint of light that guided my fogged mind to the reason of the tingling. But I didn't want to accept it. Could I be falling in love with Micah?

The teacher interrupted my thoughts. We got away with a stern warning and the promise to leave any sign of affection for off the school grounds.

Micah thought that had been fun, being the troublemaker he is. But I still couldn't shake the thoughts of what had happened when he took my hand. How I felt. Could it be possible? Had I fallen for Micah? But my heart already had the answer. It was too late to guard my heart against Micah Davies.