Chapter 2: Drawing skills

This is what kind of style Jessie draws in.
If I ever make reference to Jessie drawing in this chapter, look at the drawing on the top of the story.

Sorry it's smeared a bit, I'll fix that when I edit this at a later time...

__________________________

And now, he's just scribbling away at a piece of paper. I try to look over at his design, but I can't as he huddles over it protectively.

I get up and walk over next to him. I tap him on the shoulder a couple times and he jumps as he spins around to see me.

In the tone of voice he used earlier, he says, "What is it Ky?"

"What'cha drawing?" I asked, in a kind of singsong voice.

"Just a few drawings. Can I show you?"

"Yeah sure."

I looked at the drawings and gasped. They were amazing.

"These are your designs? Wow! They're beautiful!"

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "I guess... I don't know... I hadn't thought that you would like them Ky. Plus, I was just free drawing. I wasn't planning on using those as designs." He had rambled.

"These are great! Can we make these outfits? Please?" I puppy dog eyed him. No one resists the Kylynn James puppy dog eyes.

"Maybe. I don't know. These are complex designs and will be difficult to make." He said nervously.

"Come on! Please! If we work hard we should finish on time!" I pouted at him and made my lip quiver. That with puppy dog eyes? He doesn't stand a chance!

"Fine! We'll do those. But if we fail, I'm blaming you, because you made me do this." He said, his voice growing serious.

"We won't fail! I promise." Confidence filled my voice.

"Don't make promises you can't keep. Let's get to work." The first sentence he muttered, the second one came out stronger.

"Right!" I said, and he stood up. His six foot three stature dwarfed my five foot eight height. We walked over and picked out materials. Before we knew it, it was lunch.

"Well, we should go." Jessie said.

"Wait, Jessie!" I said, stopping him before he bolted out of the room.

"What?" He asked, turning to me.

"I was wondering, would you like to sit at lunch with me to work on this assignment some more? My table's never all that crowded. It's just me and two friends." I told him.

"Sure." He said. I replied with a happy 'great' and then we grabbed our things and left.

We ducked through the crowd and made it out alive(I swear, these kids will trample you unless you somehow can dodge them). We bought lunch, which was pizza, tater tots, grapes, and corn for me. All Jessie bought was an apple. He munched on it slowly as I showed him my table.