18. Dreamland

I open my eyes to find myself seated. I look up as the wind gently blows my hair. My eyes scan my surroundings, the dreamland.

I'm in the seats of a empty soccer field. I stand up slowly as my eyes scan all the seats for the familiar face of Em or Bear. But I don't find them.

I sigh walk to the stairs that lead down to the field and when I get to the main floor I lean against the rail. I look out into the field and my breath gets caught in my throat.

Em, sits in the middle of the field, her back to me.

"Em!" I shout and she looks back at me before jumping up.

"Harry!" She runs toward me and I hop the rail down to the field.

I open my arms for her and she runs into them. She holds onto me and grabs my shirt, as if holding on for dear life.

"You're okay." I whisper to myself as I close my eyes.

She slowly pulls away from me to see my face. "I waited for you, and when you didn't come..."

"I'm here now, and in not going anywhere." I cup her face and she looks up at me before pulling away, clearing her throat.

"So umm... I found some soccer balls and I thought we could take advantage of this situation?" She gestures to the side, pointing at a pile of soccer balls.

"Sure." I reply and we walk to the pile.

She kicks a ball and then looks up at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah why?" I ask her as I roll a ball under my foot and she shrugs.

"You seem off." She replies and a pang of guilt hits me.

"Umm... Well, it's nothing."

"Oh come on. After all we've been through together? You cant tell me what's up?"

I sigh and turn to her fully. "It was a mistake I made And I couldn't face seeing you afterwards."

"What kind of mistake?" She asks slowly.

"I hooked up with someone." I blurt and the moment I say it I regret it.

Her face falls and she stands there, her shoulders slowly slumping.

"It was a mistake Em and-"

"It's fine Harry. It's not like I'm real or we could have a relationship." She turns and kicks the ball a few feet before sighing.

"Wait, you want a relationship with me?" I ask her.

"Yeah I guess. But," she turns back toward me. "I'm just a figment of your imagination."

I shake my head and walk or ward to her. "That's where your wrong. I think your real. If Niall and I are both dreaming about you it ha to mean something."

"Than how come you haven't found me in the real world?" She asks and my face falls. "Exactly, I'm. Not. A. Real. Person."

I cup her face and pull her towards me, catching her off guard. "I swear to you Em, I will find you. And when I do...."

"You'll do?" She whispers and without a moment of a hesitation I kiss her.

My heart beats out of my chest and I suddenly find myself unable to breathe. When we pull away, her blue eyes seem to be bright and lively.

"I'll do that." I whisper and she stares up at me.

"WOOF."

We look up to see Bear running out onto the field and not to far behind him is Niall.

"Em! Your okay!" Niall runs right to her, and grabs her before hugging her tight.

Em laughs. "Yes Niall I'm alright."

"Yeah well now that we're all here, we seriously need to talk about how we're going to find you in the reals without any information about you what so ever." I tell them and Em sits down on the turf.

Niall as I both sit down too.

"He's right Em, can you think of anything?" Niall asks and Em shake her head.

"All I know is that my name is Em White, and my dogs name is Bear." She tells us.

"Em please think hard. Any information could help." I tell her and she squeezes her eyes shut.

After a moment she huffs. "This is useless! I can't remember anything from before the lights!"

She sighs and leans back.

"Wait, what lights?" Niall asks.

"You've never mentioned lights." I state and she stares into space.

"All I can remember is two bright lights and then everything went black and I was in the field with Harry."

"Two bright lights?" I question.

"Then darkness.... Nope doesn't ring a bell." Niall mumbles.

After a moment We all look down in defeat.

Em looks up at us. "It's okay guys. You'll find me one day. And if you don't, at least you have me now. So," Em stands up and looks down at us two guys. "Let's go play soccer. Dog and girl against guys?"

I exchange a quick glance to Niall before We both smile. We get up and Em smile before calling for her dog. They take off across the field and Niall, who's next to me, looks at me.

"Harry, what happens if we dream about her forever but we're never able to find her?"

"That won't happen Niall, we will find her. I know it."