Chapter 8/ Tickle fights

#Zac#

I leaned against the staircase, waiting for Jax. I text him on my phone repetitively and can hear his phone binging upstairs and his cursing. I chuckle to myself as I run a hand through my hair.

"What's so funny?"
I look up the stairs and see Samantha coming down in Minnie Mouse shirt and light pink jacket. She looks gorgeous as always.
"Oh nothin..." I reply with a smile.
She walks into the kitchen and grabs and apple and motions upstairs.
"You waiting for Jax?"

Before I could answer, Jax came running down the stairs and shoved my shoulders back, making me hit the wall.
"WOULD YOU STOP TEXTING ME?!" He yelled as he pushed me.
"Stop! Jax, knock it off!" I heard Samantha yell but I ignored her as I pushed my friend back and he ran into the island. He looked even angrier and he came toward me a second time with his hands outstretched for my neck.

"PARKER!" I heard Samantha yell once more and Jax stopped immediately and turned around to glare at the girl who had grabbed his right hand.
"Stop." She croaked out again, her voice wavering. She let go of his hand and he shifted away from me.
"Sorry..." He mumbled and Samantha ran a hand through her hair, looking over at me.

"You almost choked him..." She squeaked out after a few moments of heavy breathing.
"I'm sorry, ok?!" Jax yelled before running back up the stairs.

"Are you ok..?" Samantha walks over to me, keeping her eyes on the stairs where Jax ran off.
"I'm fine, little S... thanks." I smiled at her, messing up her hair. "I'm gonna go try and talk to him..." I announced, sprinting up the stairs.

~Jax~

I was annoyed when I pushed Zac. I wasn't trying to hurt him or cause a fight. But, he pushed me back and I let my temper get the best of me. I just couldn't believe I was going to choke my best friend... I could've really hurt him. But like I said, I was caught up in anger and I didn't get my thoughts straight until I heard Samantha yell at me by my last name. It reminded me when she just thought I was a bad guy who beat people up for fun. And I had changed since I first met her... being kneed in the stomach and all,
And I just never want her to think about me like that ever again...
And when I yelled at her... well I just feel awful about that.

"You ok man?" Zac looked over at me from the end of my bed.
I forgot he had came up here to apologize for pushing me to my limit.
"She'll forgive you... you know that..." He said, obviously knowing what I was thinking of.
"Yeah well I can't keep counting on her forgiveness every time I'm a jerk..."
"So.... naturally, every second of your existence?" He says sarcastically and I playfully punch him in the arm.
"Oh shut up." I grumble under my breath.
"Hey, not my fault you're a big grumpy pants," He holds his hands up in surrender.
"Really? 'Grumpy pants'?" I smile at him, amused by his immaturity.

We hear small laughing coming from a crack in the door. I look at Zac and he nods.
He quickly opens the door and we see Samantha run away and dart down the stairs. With and evil grin, I run after her, and before she can step down on the very last step, I grab her around her waist and hold her in place, Zac running down to my side.
I hold her in place as Zac begins to tickle her sides.
"No no! Stop! P-please! Haha! Haha! No! N-no- Hahahahah!" She crumpled to the floor in a fit of laughter.

I step back and lean against the wall as I watch Zac, mounted on top of Samantha, but not applying any of his weight on her, tickling her stomach and sides non stop. I laugh along with Zac, watching her squirm but it doesn't take me long to realize that they look like a couple. And a very cute couple...
I feel something form in the pit of my stomach that makes me stop laughing and just watch the two.

"Alright, Zac I think she's had enough..." I said, touching Zac's left shoulder to help him up.
He stands up and move his head to get some hairs off of his face and is breathing heavily with a big grin on his face.
He helps Samantha up and right when she stands up, she starts tickling Zac's sides but he doesn't budge.

"Sorry little S, but I'm not ticklish." He shrugs as he speaks.
Samantha bends over to try and catch her breath. "What? Who's not ticklish?!"
"Me." He smiles cheekily at her and ruffs up her hair before standing by my side. I fist bump my best friend and we smile evilly at her.

She stands up straight and comes toward me with a too sweet and innocent smile to be true.
"Jax..?" She sings in a dreamy voice.
"Um... Yes?" I look at Zac before looking down at the shortcake.

Shortcake!

"What is it... Shortcake?" I smirk at her.
She stops in her tracks. "Shortcake?!" She raises an eyebrow at me.
"It's my nickname for you." I smile wickedly at her once more.
She rolls her eyes before attacking my stomach with her fingers.
I bend over in a fit of laughter and can barley catch my breath.

I hear Zac say "Woah... You're ticklish?! Haha!"   
"Shut.... Up...." I mutter out in between laughs.
I'm able to grab her hands and tickle her back.
"What?! No! Not... Haha! Not... Fair! Hahaha!" Her eyes crinkle up from laughter.
I stop after a few seconds and hold her wrists so she can't tickle me back.

We're gasping for breaths and I can see sweat forming on her brow.
We just stare in each other's eyes for a few seconds before Zac comes up behind Samantha and puts an arm over her shoulders.
"Little S, Grumpy pants, you just gonna keep staring or should we leave for the skatepark?"
I clear my throat and let go of her.
"Yeah... let's get going. Wanna get there before Nate and his gang get there."
Jax and I walk past Samantha and to the door.

She brushes hair from her face. "Who's Nate?"
"Not someone you wanna come face to face with." Zac replied to her while holding the door open for us to leave.
"Oh..." She looks down at her feet and up at us again "Be careful... Ok?"
"Sure thing, little S." Zac smiles at her and I nod, about to take a step out the door.

"Oh... And one more thing." She starts and we both look back at her.
"I ship you guys so hard... As a bropt, of course."
We look at her in satisfaction and Zac pretends to kiss my cheek.
"Let's go, my damsel in distress!" I announce and pull Zac out the door by his hand.

We start walking down the grass when Samantha appears in the doorway behind us.
"DON'T SINK MY SHIP!" She yells and runs back upstairs after shutting the door.
Zac and I laugh at how... Oh what's the word...
Cool
Cute
Awesome
Adorable she is?
Well.... Yeah.