Chapter 3/ Smooth.

Jax^

*Samantha*
I didn't know what was worse. Having to get a Halloween costume with Jax or also having to go to a Halloween party with my best friend.

The Halloween store was all black with orange lights. Halloween is my favorite holiday. But I'd much rather get my Halloween costume alone and not go to a stupid party.
I sighed as Jax and I walked through the first ale of costumes.
"You'd look good in this." Jax laughed as he held up a slutty schoolgirl outfit.
"Sorry, but I'm here for a costume. Not to fulfill your fantasies..." I glared at him.
He pouted and put the costume back on its rack.

"May I help you?" I heard a voice say. I spun around to find a tall worker behind me. He looked around the same age as me- sixteen. He had beautiful blue eyes and dark brown hair. He was also dressed up in armor.
"Oh no I'm fine. What are you supposed to be... Alex?" I asked looking at his name tag with a smile.
"Oh... Game of thrones. And might I ask your name?" He replied with a small smile.
"Samantha." I shrugged a little.
"That's a beautiful name." He nodded.
"Thank you.." I'm not used to complaints...
He seems really cool!

He stopped laughing and moved aside to get a good look at Jax who I had completely forgotten about.
"Oh... Are you two?" He began but I quickly corrected him.
"Friends! We're... Um... Just friends..." I coughed awkwardly.
"Ok good..." He laughed again.
"Um... Where's your scary costumes?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
He leaned in close to me and whispered "Oh... You're looking for those kind of costumes? Well... Follow me. But beware, if you're ever too spooked, you can turn back."
I laughed and shook my head "No turning back!"
And with that we marched off towards the scary costumes. Jax followed quietly behind us.
I looked through the costumes and decided on a dark vampire costume. I tried it on and walked out of the changing room.

Jax was waiting for me with his hands behind his head in a black chair next to some clown dummies.
"What do you think?" I asked, twirling around in my costume.
Jax stood up and walked ever to me. He looked me up and down and i suddenly felt subconscious. I saw his jaw tense up.

He's... So... Sexy...
What?! Shut up! He is not!
Well....
No! No way!
But...
No! Not again!
Samantha...
I said no!
You can't hide it forever...
Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up!!!

I finished my mental argument and took a deep breath.
"You... You don't like it, do you?"
"Huh? Oh no, it's great. It's just..." He looked down at me with a skeptical eye.
"What?" I asked, looking down at my velvet dress.
He leaned in close and whispered in my ear "I'm going to be a vampire too... people might get the wrong idea when we both show up at Zack's party... Just sayin..." His voice was hoarse and sexy. I felt his finger lightly trace one of my collarbones as he spoke.
"Then... We'll just have to avoid each other, won't we?" I asked as I pushed my way past him and back into the changing room.

~Jax~
Samantha and I rode home in silence. She hated my car because it was a stick shift and it would always stall but she never whined. She just sat patiently and never even rolled her eyes. My girlfriend, Maddy would whine and roll her eyes and demand excellence. It honestly wasn't worth the sex. But then again... What? I'm a boy! Don't look at me like that!

My phone chimed and I sighed.
"Can you get that?" I asked without taking my eyes off the rode.
"Sure." Samantha grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. She stayed silent for a few seconds until- "who's Maddy..?"
I felt the color drain from my face and all feeling leave my hands. The steering wheel jerked out of my hands and I stared blankly at the rode in front of me.
Samantha screamed and leaned over, gripping the steering wheel and managing to turn into my driveway.
She grabbed my shoulders and shook me repetitively.
"What where you thinking? We could've gotten killed! You're supposed to keep both hands on the wheel! Are... are you ok?"
I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. I was struggling to swallow air. Samantha looked down at my cupholder and saw my inhaler.
"Oh my god!" She yelled before grabbing it and ripping the cap off. She put it to my mouth and held the back of my head.
"Just breath... Take deep breaths... Breath... It's going to be ok. You'll be ok." She kept repeating in a comforting voice. I took a few deep breaths until I could corporate on my own.
She let out a shaky breath and leaned back in her seat. 

"You should've told me you had asthma..." She finally said after a few minutes of silence.
"Sorry... I just thought I had it under control..." I said, shaking my head.
"Well you still should've let me know... Just to be safe." She said, climbing out of my car.
I slammed my door and walked alongside her.
"You know something funny?" I asked trying to find my house key.
"Hm?" She was looking at her phone at some texts.
"My girlfriend would've just freaked out in a situation like that. Probably would've even ran away..."
She looked up at me questioningly.
I cleared my throat "Um... n...never mind..."

Smooth, Jax. Real smooth...