Known Information

Jack the Ripper started his murder spree on August 31st, 1888 in East End London. And quickly ended on November 9th, 1888. He had 5 meant victims.

Mary Nichols, murdered on 31st August 1888.Annie Chapman, murdered on 8th September 1888.Elizabeth Stride, murdered on 30th September 1888.Catherine Eddowes, also murdered on 30th September 1888.Mary Kelly, murdered on 9th November 1888 (All prostitutes).

Of course there were more Ripper victims. These 5 were just the most meaningful.

He had a total of 18 victims, all of which were female.

His name was never truly known. Although he did have two very famous names people called him, "Jack the Ripper" and "Whitechapel Murderer".

His way of killing was very known by police since he used the same style for every victim. A very brutal way of killing, he would cut their throat that mutilate their bodies with surgical equipment.

His way of dissecting his victims were described as a "perverted sexual motive".

He was never caught, so they do not know his date of birth, or location of birth.

Ripper was also known to write to the police station and to the paper about his killings. Taunting journalist and men investigating his murder spree.

Fleet Street news agency received this letter from Jack the Ripper himself:

"Dear Boss, I keep on hearing that the police have caught me. But they won't fix me yet. I am down on certain types of women and I won't stop ripping them until I do get buckled. Grand job that last job was. I gave the lady no time to squeal. I love my work and I want to start again. You will soon hear from me with my funny little game. I saved some of the proper stuff in a little ginger beer bottle after my last job to write with but it went thick like glue and I can't use it. Red ink is fit enough, I hope. HA, ha. Next time I shall clip the ears off and send them to the the police, just for Jolly.

Yours Truly

Jack the Ripper"

And in my opinion him writing to the Fleet Street news while committing these murders is what got him his title as "The most known murderer" even now 127 years later.