Chapter 14: "Mr.Reed?"

MELODY'S POV:

I sat on the bus taking me somewhere. Where? I didn't know and I didn't care. I put my head on the cold glass and watched the rain fall. Funny how the weather is matching my mood. It's been 4 months since I've first turned. Yes, I'm leaving town. Why? Well, I almost hurt Evan. My last turn was it. I was done. I need to be alone. With my music blasting at full volume, I almost didn't hear the screams. I said almost. My head snapped up just in time to see the bus going off the mountain.

EVAN'S POV:

I sat on the couch, Chelle and Kala crying. She left. She left us. I stopped crying 10 minutes ago. Chelle and Kala haven't stopped. I want so bad to see her. My Melody, my baby girl. We fell in love and now she has moved. Afraid of hurting us. Doesn't she know that leaving us is hurting us? Maybe she was just-

My thoughts got cut off by a knock at the door. I got up and walked to the door. I opened the door to see a police officer.

"Yes, officer?" I asked.

"Mr.Reed?" He asked.

"Yes, sir." I said. Why was he here?

"You are the last person to see Melody Smith, is that correct?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Evan, who is it?" Chelle and Kala came up beside me.

"Oh, I guess that this will get over quickly. Rachelle, Kala, and Evan I hate to tell you this, but Melody's bus went off the side of Burnside Mountain." He said.

"Thank you for letting us know. Have a good night." Kala said. He nodded and turned and walked away. I shut the door and walked to the couch. Suddenly, I felt a cold tear run down my face. She died. She's gone.

ZAYN'S POV:

I could tell something wasn't right when the police came to our door. I knew that it had to do with something we did to Melody. I fell in love with her, I know Louis did too, but he is still getting over Annie. I zoned out listing to the officer at our door. When I saw Louis face, I knew something happened.

"Thank you officer." Liam said. I mind messaged Liam.

'Liam, what did he say?" The officer walked away and Liam shut the door. He spoke a loud.

"Melody was leaving town, her bus went off the side of a mountain." Liam said. I looked at him. My face was blank, my mind was blank, my emotions were numb. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could've prepared me for this news. Melody is gone. She is dead. My mate. I knew she was my mate when I first saw her. You don't get another one of those. I can't stand this. I walked to my room without knowing it. Writing a note saying goodbye, now I must leave. Liam is in charge now. I jump out my window landing on my feet. I walk to my friend, Shane's, house. I open the door and see him on the couch looking at me.

"Remember that thing I told you to do a couple years ago?" I asked him.

"You mean if something bad happened to your mate-" I cut him off.

"Yes."

"Dude, you really wanna do this?" He asked.

"Yes." He sighed and pulled out a gun. I felt the bullet go to my heart. He ripped my head off.

**************************************************

Well, here is the LAST chapter of the first book. Te next one will be up soon. It will take place with the first girl all 5 of them kidnapped. Plot twists in this book were hard to write. This book has meant the world to me. I hope you keep reading the next book. Sorry for all you Zayn and Melody fans (Melyn). And Louis and Melody (Meluis).

I love you all and will see you in the next book!!!

~Maddy